Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

spotting and brown discharge, sharp pains that started suddenly

Ok so last month I missed my period, took a pregnancy test a week after I was supposed to get it and it was negative and another one a week later that was also negative. I am also on birth control (minastrin). Also worth mentioning - Im a senior in college currently taking 6 classes and doing finals, so my stress levels have been through the roof the past few months. This could be why I missed my period.

In the past week I have been having really sharp pains in my lower abdomen and stomach and also had some weird light pink fishy smelling discharge. I treated that with some coconut oil and drank some apple cider vinegar and that seemed to help. Woke up yesterday to really sharp pains in my lower abdomen, went to the bathroom and noticed that I was bleeding really lightly. This continued all day along with the pain (it comes and goes) and then this morning I woke up with some heavy brown discharge and the pain again.

Could my period just be messed up from not getting it last time? The birth control messing with my balance? I was also reading that it could be BV, but it came on really suddenly and I haven't had any itching or anything like that.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.