spotting before my period

hi there! im new at this site, I just want to ask because i have this spotting... At first i thought that it was my period so I decided to wear a napkin like I do always, but as the days go by just a little drop of blood came out and it was brownish not like the normal menstruation. Sometimes it stop and then will flow again. Im bit worried because this is my first time to have this kind of spotting. ive been spotting for almost 3 days. Do you think this is normal? what do you think should i do to let my mens come out? do i have to consult a doctor? thanks for the help...
Any chance that you are pregnant?  Spotting can happen for a lot of reasons: hormone imbalance, polyps, fibroids, endometriosis, etc.  To have spotting during one cycle is probably not a big deal,  If it keeps happening though, you may want to contact your GYN.  AF should come on it's own, or you may not get it this cycle.  That happens to all woment sometimes.  If oyu are certain that you are not pregnant, then just wait and see what happens next cycle.  Best of luck to you.
hi thanks for the comment.... maybe your right just a little worry because its my first time that i experience this...and i know im not pregnant. so if my menstration did not continue thats alright? one of my friend say that maybe because of the weather, because winter is coming and im not use to this weather back at our country....and the other one said bacause im depressed... is this really affect our menstration? do you have any suggestion that i can do to avoid this spotting... tnx again...
The only thing you can do is monitor it.  Here in the states, if you call a DR and tell them you had spotting during one cycle, they probably won't take you seriously.  I had spotting for several cycles and my GYN still told me it was no big deal.  It may not be normal, but it is common and usually nothing serious.  See how your next cycle is and if it is still strange then definitely see a DR.  I don't think the weather can affect your cycle, but stress, travel, depression, and illness canaffect it.  Good luck!
Okay let me tell you my past first so I can let you all know what I am working with here. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis a couple of years ago, got pregnant and had baby last November. I took a depo shot to dry up my breast milk in December and of course was told that I wouldn't have another period for three months, just from the one shot. I did have a period three months later in March. Ever since then I have been cramping and spotting. After my regular(if you want to call it that) period in March, I stopped bleeding for about a little over a week. I thought I was done and then I started bleeding again, a little heavier than spotting but not quite a period if you know what I mean. So now I am still spotting and cramping, mostly at night and I haven't started my period for this month. I went to my OB and she gave me a pelvic exam and looked at my cervix. During my pelvic exam my left side was very painful. She said it was normal and that I didn't seem to have any polyps or whatever those are called. How does she not know it isn't endo coming back or that I could have cysts??? I know my body, this cramping seems like endo. I have had a laporoscopy done a couple years back and that is when I was diagnosed with endo. They drained a lot of the cysts and cut out most of the endo stuff. What should I do? Is it because I had a baby 5 months ago or the depo, or my endo?
Hi everyone,

It's my first time logged on here. The "spotting" question caught my eye. I used to have normal periods but it must be over a year now that I have been getting brown spotting before my period. It's slight when I wipe and I need to wear a panty liner. I told my doctor and he said it's normal. Thing that drives me nuts is sometimes I could have this for 5-6 days before I even start to bleed. Every month when this starts I hope it might be implantation bleeding but they say that is pinkish. Going on my 4th month of clomid now along with progesterone and no luck yet.
Hi, i had my last period on the 4th of april and my next one is due around the 3rd of may. I had unprotected sex a few days ago but he did not ejaculate in me. Straight after i got this brown discharge which looks exactly like my period but browny/black and quite heavy. its still happening! Im really worried!! Can any one help! I'm to embarrased to go to a Gyn..Please Help!!
i woke up this morning and wiped and it was brown but no signs of blood..period isnt due until may 5,2006..i was ovulating around the 19th of the april and me and my husband had sex all that week..can anyone tell me what this is a sign of?thank you
My boyfriend and I have had sex a few times but up until recently have we tried the position where I am on top...We have done this twice and everytime we do so, my period comes later than usual. I'll spot pinkish for about a day then it will go away completely and come back like a day or two later...Is this normal?
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend but my period was due like the next couple of days because i felt cramps and pain in my breasts, then on the day my period was due i started to get brown discharge which is normal for me, but what is not normal is this discharge has been here for 3 days, can anyone tell me what that might mean?
I've had normal, regulated periods for about 2 and a half years, almost three.
This past week I've had this spotting, almost brown, more beige.
I've had a few camps and I'm a bit afraid to go to a doctor about it, not knowing what it is and such.
I'm not sexually active so it can't be because of pregnancy. I've been told it's a normal sight to some women half way through their periods, should I be worried at all?
Sorry by half way through I mean the cycle not the period itself
about 14 days before the next period to be exact.
Hi i am very similar i have never had spotting before but mine is brownish and only when i wipe. my tummy does feel bruised inside. i did have unprotected sex two months ago but i have had two periods since i really don't know what it is and am worried to go to the doctor can anyone help?