Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

sudden change in my menstrual cycle

hi, i am 20 years old, and for the last 3 months my partener and i have been trying for a baby. i have always had regular periods, lasting 5days on a 28day cycle, but in the last 10 weeks my cycle has suddenly changed dramatically. in the last 10 weeks i have had 5 periods each lasting 7 days, they have all been very heavy and quite painful, with only 7days between each period. i physically cannot bare it any longer without haveing some idea of what it could be, what could be causing this? is this normal or could there be something wrong.? will i still be ovulating? could this be a sign of pregnancy? ovarian cancer? or is it normal for this to happen?
1 Responses
I would tell you to see a doc/gyn ASAP. 5 periods in 10 weeks isn't healthy. And since you said this is a change in flow, and in cycle I would say not to wait. I don't want to say that something is wrong just by the information you have provided because you would need to run some test to rule out, cancer or any other problems. Let your doc run the right test to first rule out if you r or arn't prego, which I don't think you are, but hey you never know. Have you taken a HPT?
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.