Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.9k Members

swellingvagina flapsduring my period

im 17 years old and for the last few months when i get my period i get a very soar,swollen ,itching and irritated vagina. the flap are swollen and itchy. it hurt when i wipe my self. the flaps are swollen like double the size and have become dry. they become dry and then start to crack and get little cuts in them.this is very painful !! about 3 months ago i had a contreptive inserted in my arm ( implanon) and when i get my period now the swelling and soarness is worse.i also use tampons and wonder if that could be a cause? when ever i go to the doctor she says " you have a normal lookin vagina" but it still hurts. i have used canistan cream (used for thrush) and my vagina instead of being releaved is left with a burning sensation. its very annoing and painful. please help.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.