swollen vagina

recently my vagina started itching  and getting swollen , its swollen on the inside flap things by the clit , i dont have any discharge , and it dosnt smell funny , but it keeps itching and getting swollen all the time , what its this , i am sexually active
Hi -

It could be a number of things that may cause this. You may want to visit a doctor to get the basic diagnosis cleared out (yeast infection, STD's, etc.). For now, I would definitely watch what you're wearing (nothing tight/restricting, make sure to wear cotton underwear that's comfortable, and also, possibly products that you are using to wash your clothes should be dye/fragrance-free) and using to cleanse (scented soap and/or body washes may cause or exacerbate the problem).

How long has this been going on? For the time being, you may want to purchase some Vagisil to deter you from itching (which, from personal experience, will make things a hundred times worse). Let me know if there's been any changes or if you've been to a doctor yet. Good luck!