Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

sypmtoms of pregnancy but I'm not!!

I have many symptoms of being pregnant; feeling nauseas, dizzy, off my food one minute then so hungry the next,  tender breasts, hard swollen tummy, slight fluttering in my tummy and I also look pregnant!! I work in a pub and even strangers ask me when I'm due!! Unfortunately I'm not!!

I have been in hospital, had urine tests, blood tests and even a scan; nothing!

I'm now at a loss as to what it could be. Does anyone have any idea?
3 Responses
I too have suffered with all the symptoms of being pregnant...while I was not.
I was also on depo for 8 years...and have now been off for 16 months.
I had blood tests and urine tests...missed my af ...so ill...and they had no idea what was wrong with me...
Until I went to the ER with horrific pain....they had seen an ovarian cyst a day b4 via ultrasound.
I went in ....and the cyst had burst....
One of ladies that frequents this forum...suggested it could've been a cyst before I ever found out I had one.
Apparently some mimic preg symptoms.
After getting the burst cyst and all its contents removed...I feel like myself again...
No nausea...no dizziness...no sensitivity to smells...no weird cravings...nadda.
I know you've had a scan....but what you are speaking of...is exactly what was happening to me for months!
Jack
I had problems kind of like what you are describing before. 6 months after I got off Depo Provera, I felt pregnant, I wasn't getting my period, I was nauseous , vomitting, the smell of food would make me sick (and I have all that stuff again but this time I am 22 weeks pregnant) anyways all my doctors thought I was pregnant also.  I had cat scans done, and it showed I had a cyst on my ovary and that my liver enzymes were a little high.  My doctor ended up giving my Provera to jump start my period again and put me on birth control to try to dissolve the cyst so I wouldn't need surgery, and I started feeling better. I don't know if you are late on your period or not, but cysts can make you late. I was also very stressed at my job, and I quit my job during all of this (they weren't very supportive of me being in and out of doctors offices and hospitals) so I just quit, and between the medicine and removing the stress out of my life I started feeling better.
5108300 tn?1371830920
omg sounds like me.... i am always nauseaous, hot flashes, night sweats, not able to sleep and i am on currently on my 3rd depo shot
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.