Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

tender and sore breast

I am only mid-cycle. I have an average 26 day cycle and I'm on CD18. the past 5 days my breast have hurt so bad! Mainly in my nipple/areola area and above. Not sure why they would be so sore. I ovulated on CD13. any suggestions?
2 Responses
5881139 tn?1375986863
well take off your bra and let them relax and all, and dont lay on them or anything, when my do that i use a heating pad or take a bath, mine to that, my doctor told me that it could be to much hormane getting to em and blood flow, and that it is your hormanes from your cycle, or they can also hurt before and right after you ovualte because of more hormane release. but if it in that area gets hard, or feel like a bump in the nipple area i would go see a doctor, now mine do that a few times on my periods but they do it alot when ive been wearing a bar  to long or they are cold!
I will definitely try it. I'm going to take some tylenol to help a little as well. i haven't had this pain in a long time. Last time was after my daughter when I was drying up
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.