upper lip dry skin

I have for the past couple of months been struggling with a particularly annoying patch of dry skin above my upper lip, center between my upper lip and nose. The skin looks like dry skin pockets, no matter how much I moisturize. Now I also do exfoliate, and afterwards the skin looks brighter red and raw, and the next morning, I get those dry skin bubbles as I call it. To add insult I have dark thick facial hair, that apparently wants to come up RIGHT UNDER that dry skin patch. It doesn't get like a normal ingrown hair though, i can see the thick hair just hanging out under my layers of skin. i am at a loss what to do. I cant remove the hair because then its like digging in my skin to get it out, it scabs over and a few days later the hair wants to come out again. My wedding is later this year and i want to be able to not worry about this, because that patch is either bright red looking after exfoliating, which lasts for a day or two or the patch is clearly dry bubbled up skin. I just cant seem to win. I should also point out that at 26 I am prone to Impetigo, i typically get it 2-4 times a year, so i would like to come up with a solution so that doesn't make it worse. any suggestions? I'm desperate.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oh, I'm sorry.  I know how annoying these things can be.  Especially with your wedding on its way.  Can you visit a dermatologist?  I'd try to make that happen to get professional guidance for this pre wedding!  good luck and let me know if that is a possibility
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.