urine coming from my womb

I have urine coming from my womb, i know this as i have tried a tampax and also a sanatry towel at the same time, the tampax is wet and the pad is still dry. so i know its from my womb.
I had a hystectomy on my baldder and blue dye was put in to it nothing leaked.
I was asleep the whole time.
I still have this problem and my consultant has no idea what is happening.
He said for me to have a hysterectomy one is booked for the 1st november 2010.
Before this i need to know if this opperation can be avoided and that there is an easier way to the problem. mant thanks sjet
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had my tubes tied several years ago and during surgery, they punctured 2 holes in my bladder. I was profusely bleeding when I would urinate, showed and told the nurse before leaving the hospital, and they sent me home anyway. I had to take 2 trips to ER where they put a catheter in to drain the blood and keep urine out of my blood, told me to call my doctor and sent home both times again. My husband had to carry me to the car both trips to ER because I had lost so much blood, I couldn't walk. Even my blood work showed so much loss but they decided to just let me bleed into a bag for over 36 hours. When I saw the doc that did the surgery the next day, she freaked out and immediately got me in for emergency surgery to repair my bladder. The hospital never even called her after surgery to let her know there was a problem!!! When I got my medical records, things were all crossed out, nurse initials, blood tests, etc. and covered up like they were trying to cover their butt for negligence. I seriously wonder if they damaged your uterus (womb) when they worked on your bladder and now they want to do a hysterectomy to cover up the mistake?!!! I would certainly get a second opinion! A Hysterectomy itself can have it's own serious complications.
Helpful - 0
my bladder has been checked and it is not leeking, but i still have urine coming from my womb, i know this 100% as i put tampax in everyday and i never got to the loo with it in, i alway's take it out and it is full of something like urine, my own dr tested this and said it was full of protien and blood?
can any one else help solve this problem, ive had tests for std's and a smear and they are all clear.
Helpful - 0
It is possible you have developed a fistula. Those are abnormal connections between different organs in the body. They can develope on their own, for reasons unknown. See a urologist.
Helpful - 0
Hi i have seen my consultant today he said that there was no fistula, so im going ahead with the hyterectomy many thanks,
Helpful - 0
thank you all for the messages they where a help xx
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.