vaginal ulcer

7G3WI've been suffering from an ulcer on the inside of my vagina wall for about 8 mos. now.  It's very painful during intercourse but otherwise it doesn
Don't worry about it now until you heal and find out. The only thing you can do is wait...
Hi, for a year and a half i've had two vaginal ulcers right under the opening of my vagina, i've been to the GUM clinic who then reffered me to a Dermotologist who then referred me to a Gynacologist, i've been on 5 different types of cream and medication in this time and today i saw my gynacologist who told me there was nothing she could do for me. She cant perform surgery as the skin around that area is too tight and will just cause further problems. She's suggested keeping the area clean with vasaline and using diallators to relax the area, but i know this techniques are not going to be very effective. I'm really at a loss, my confidence has plumated, i feel really e-feminant and ugly and because i'm at an age where sex is very important (18) it is just making matters worse, i'm beginning to feel really depressed as a result of it, i've tried having sex a few times but its just too painful. Is there anything you can suggest that might help? Thank you so much. Elli x
I completely understand your feelings. Did any of your doctors say how it happened or what caused the ulcers? My dr.'s said they don't know how mine started. Question though - do your ulcers start to get better if you're not being sexually active? B/c intercourse would flare up mine, make then red and bleed sometimes. I would stop having sex for a day or too and would almost look like it would start to heal, but neevr fully would.  But to answer your question - Before I got my surgery to remove them a few weeks ago (still waiting until March for the follow-up and result), my dr. gave me 5% lidocaine to numb the area so I could have intercouse.  This helped ease the pain. Hope that helps! Let me know if you find any break-through discoveries for the horrible things. GL
Hey thanks for replying :) its good to finally talk to someone who knows how frustrating it is! Yeah i've used the lindocrieme anesthetic cream stuff, but it just wears of so damned quickly! At the moment i've decdided to try goin completely natural, cotton knickers, natural tampons etc and just keeping vaseline on the area so as to stop any urine or discharge coming into contact with that area.
I think i'm also going for a second opinion with another doctor beacuse i refuse to continue with them anylonger! I really hope your surgery is a success, is it still really sore around the area?
Love,
Elli x
in answer to your questions, yeah they got sorer after intercourse, so i've just stopped having sex, its just to painful! Mine have never bled though, and the doctors didnt say what had caused them, they just seem completey random, like yours.
elli x
help me please i dont no what to do i have read what you have put and i have sort of the same problem i have had my period but i havent stoped bleeding sience. Everytime i have sex it hurts me big time n its that bad i cry my breast are very tender even when im in the shower and i wash my self the min i pick my breast up to clean under them they hurt me.I also got pains in my belly ? I was on the pill but i stop taking iti have re searched ulcers on the viginal wall and it sounds like i have got that but im not 100% sure if i have got an ulcer on the vaginal wall how can you get rid of it hope to hear a reply bk asap
I have no idea whether or not i have an ulcer but i'm starting to think i do. I've struggled with getting ulcers in my mouth and throat my whole life, but having one in so sensitive an area is somewhat shocking. I know mine isn't caused by sex, since i haven't had any in quite a while (a year!), but i'm in my forth week of birth control. Has anyone ever heard of birth control pills causing ulcers?
For what it's worth, mine is in an area that i can kind of see with the right kind of light and a mirror, but the truth is it really hurts!! In fact i've been trying not to go to the bathroom just because it has become so painful! Mine has also bled some, but i've had it for less than a week. I'm thinking i should probably go to my gyn and ask about it.... Any one come up with new ideas on how to cure or even help this problem?
MEG
I have several vaginal ulcers as a result of pelvic radiation. so, to add insult to injury, after cancer treatment and all that goes with it, I have been left with these ulcers. none of my doctors will say anything about them....more estrogen and time they keep saying. it has been 5 months. I have tried vaginal probiotics, estrogen tablets inserted vaginally, creams, aloe and total abstinence from sex. every day, they look exactly the same.I don't think there's a happy ending here.    

dm
Try "sweedish bitters". Get a bottle of this from a health center and it should work. Take a teaspoon a day for 2 weeks then stop for a month and then again for 2 weeks until the ulcers go away. The "sweedish bitters" cleanses your system and should rid of the ulcers. Let me know if it works
i got my first ulcer 4 days ago and it really hurts it burns when i use the restroom. i dont know how i got it. can you get ulcer by having sex when your area is dry and forced in? im thinking thats why because the next day after i had sex i was in pain but nothing was there till a day later. should i go to my gyno or i can try some in home remedies?
I have recently recieved ulcers in my vaginal area. I went to my dr and she tested me for herpes...the test results haven't came back yet, however the pain exceeded too much for me to handle and I ended up going to the er. They told me I had a absess. The dr lanced it, after numbing the area, and tried to drain it. I've kept it clean with soapy warm water and have been on pain killers for two days now. I went to my gyno this morning and she said that she thought it looked like herpes as well, but the ER dr said it was nothing of the sort. I am 19 years old and have only had sex 1 time and that was two years ago. There is NO possible way I could have attained a STD. I have ran it over in my head a hundred times and there isn't a possible way. I should have the results back soon. When I do get them I will post to let you know. Keep your fingers crossed for me though. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on this, please post back. Thank you.
Im having the same issue... one ulcer at the bottom of my vagina and I almost feel as though another one is coming. Did all the research myself before going to my gyno and narrowed it down to 2 things: either herpes or chancroid. Both STDs, both have similar symptoms but the chancroid ulcers look closer to what I have. I went to see my gyno and she said there is about a 60% chance it is herpes, but she said it really doesn't look like "textbook herpes" ie the ulcer is bigger and shaped differently. She gave me some antibiotics to get rid of chancroid and chlamydia  (in the event that it was either of those and not herpes) but I still Have to wait for my test results to come back. I just started dating someone new and he seems almost freaked out about it, like I can control the fact that I have this thing. In truth, he is probably more pissed that we aren't having sex until this all gets figured out. Please keep me in your thoughts and I will keep u all in mine, as it is such a pain to go through this!