what could this be?

before xmas i started getting really emotional, crying at everything and getting moody. then i started feeling nauseous, which i have been now for about a month. im bloated, my breasts are sore and swollen. ive been gassy with heartburn. ive even experienced the light headedness off and on. im on birth control pills so i only get a period every 3 months. i went into the doctors 2 wks ago and took a test, the test was negative, the nurse told me to come back two weeks later if the symptoms persisted. that maybe the hormone wasnt high enough yet, that and i had peed like 10 times before i went there. if anyone has ever been pregnant, or know anything else this could be, please help. im scared and dont know whats going on. thanks
What type of contraception are you on?  If you are taking depo-provera i would seriously recommend you stop using this asap.  I had the same symptoms as yourself and was diagnosed with depression, i wasn't depressed it was the side effects of the depo -provera.  Also if you do ever plan on having kids it could take up to years after coming off of this pill for your  body to regulate.  I regret ever taking this for of contraception as my body is still completely messed up.  Hope this helps!!
im on lutera, not depo. i take it the same time everyday.
i am on the depo and whew.... it is evil... i have been nothing but nausated, hot flashes, not able to sleep, night sweats.... list goes on... and i am on my 3rd injection