what do tumors feel like?

There is a hard lump just outside my vagina that presses into. It only apeared within the last ten months or so, around the time I started taking birth control. I think it's a tumor but I don't know how I can know without going to a doctor. It's making sex and the use of tampons uncomfortable and has gotten bigger since I first noticed it. Is this an urgent problem that should be treated right away ot do people usually get big hard lumpy bumps between their vagina and intestines?
And in case you think I'm ignorant, it is not my cervix.
It can be boil or infected cyst. Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a doctor as you may need incision and drainage.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.