what do you do first time putting a tampon in ?

i usually use pads but i wanna start using tampons i just don't know how to go about it.
Hello what do you mean ? X
Hi Cassie! Okay, so first, read the leaflet in all tampon boxes. They have a diagram and informative help about how to insert the tampon comfortably. If you are not sexually active, I would recommend starting with Lites or Regulars as your first box. These are smaller in diameter, and easier to insert if your vagina isn't used to penetration. I would also HIGHLY recommend a tampon with a plastic applicator. I personally prefer Tampax Pearl as they have a smooth plastic applicator and come in a variety of sizes.

Next, depending on your period flow, you'll want to change your tampon depending on what size you choose (Lites, Regular, Heavy, etc.). The box says to change every 8 hours—this is to avoid Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS). If you find that your flows are heavier and you're only using the Regular size, you may want to change them every 2-4 hours. But if you feel comfortable to increase tampon size, you'll feel more confident to leave it in longer. If you have any questions, feel free to private message me.
It's easy just get real comfortable with your body. Squat down and insert the tampon. In my feel a bit rough since its dry but it won't do any damage to the vagina. Insert as far as you are comfortable but far enough that's in place. That's it...oh make sure the string from tampon is left out so that you may remove when needed.
Why did it hurt when I took out my first tampon, and is it suppose to feel uncomfortable?

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community