A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

what the hell is wrong with me!!!

full story:

i am 20, i have been on birth control for 4 years. i have consistantly had ovarian cysts that rupture about every month. i have gone from yasmin to ortho-tricyclin to yaz. i have gained about 35 lbs in a year and have lost 10 of that so far in the past 10 months. 2 months ago in between my periods i had breakthrough bleeding for 10 days that was red so it wasnt just old blood. i started and stopped my periods normally also. i went to a new OBGYN (I moved in June) and they did both kinds of ultrasounds. They said that they found a polyp in the lining of my uterus so I went back about a month later for a hysterosonogram (which by the way hurt like HELL!). well this time whatever they found the first time had gotten smaller and was lower in my uterus not attached to the wall anymore. So now Im still stuck with several ovarian cysts, random pain and breakthrough bleeding but no polyp in my uterus. my doctor wants to be done with it but I said no, just because my ultrasound came back fine does not take care of my bleeding, weight gain, acne and random pains.

this has been going on for 2 years and im sick and tired of being told its all in my head. i want a doctor that wants to figure out whats wrong. not one that has 1 idea and when that doesnt pan out they give up. does this sound familiar to anyone? im seriously so frustrated.
1 Responses
209384 tn?1231171906
They need to check you for PCOS--Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.  Look it up and research it and see if you have all the symptoms.  If you do take the info to your dr.  Print it out if necessary and hand deliver it.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.