Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

yeast infection?

The outside of my vajayjay has been itchy. Only the outside. Ive had a slight discharge, which is normal for me, but at points it's been total clumps!! I noticed the clumps yesterday and the itching I think began Sunday then got worse yesterday (monday). Im embarrassed to tell my honey, since he may want intercourse at any time at night. So, Im hesitant to use the monistat I have. Is there anything I can use during the day and does this sound like a yeast infection?? Thanks!!
2 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
It can be due to thrush or yeast infection. Avoid intercourse till properly healed because your partner may get the yeast skin infection from you. The best tests involved in the diagnosis of candida are scrapping or swab examination of the scrapings after KOH mounting.The other test that can be done is fungal culture of the scrapings from the tongue of the vaginal swabs.
Try to avoid wearing tight underwear and pants.  Wear cotton underwear as much as possible and maintain proper hygiene.  You can use antifungal pessaries.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much, doctor. "She's" beginning to feel better. :-) question... May be tmw but, if there was oral intimacy before I saw and felt symptoms, is he in trouble?? :-(
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.