A
A
A
Close
Women's Social Community
880 Members
427258 tn?1266448842

Breast Implants

I am 24 years and have three boys, ages 5, 3 and 1 yrs. I have been having an internal conflict with myself and my husband about Breast Implants and Lift. Since having my children my breasts have changed sizes numerous times as well as lost the 'perkiness'. I am young and have worked hard to try and get my body back into shape. I know I am a mother, but I want a typical 24 y/o body, is that selfish?

What are your thoughts about getting the procedure done? Have you personally done it and if so what can I expect as far as price and recovery etc.
3 Responses
i know people that have had it done it backfired, also some have had it done and they seem ok but i think God gave me this body, and i think i will jsut keep mine as it is you never know what will happen to them 10 years from now  luck  jo
973741 tn?1342346373
It aint cheap from what I hear and you'd have to have recovery time factored in.  I'm not anti anything (except for being a jerk)------- so whatever someone wants to do is fine by me.  But remember that you are messing with nature.  Things can go wrong.  It IS surgery . . . and my mom died after routine outpatient hernia surgery . . . so never just believe something doesn't have risks.  All surgery has risks.  
483733 tn?1326802046
I had it done and it worked great.  My breasts had gone terribly droopy and deflated after having my son.  When I started living with my now husband we were watching a TV show about breast enhancement.  He jokingly asked me if I'd consider getting them.  I told him that my breasts really didn't bother me but the weird fat on the top of my thighs (wider than my hips) really bothered me as well as the awful scars left on my abdomen from several intestinal surgeries (the scar was thick like a rope, one side of belly higher than the other and my belly button was off center).  He said let's get those fixed and then maybe one day you can do the boobs for me.  I felt so much better having that handled.  Even when I gained weight later it didn't come back in the same shape.  I then got my boobs done a couple of years later.  I won't lie - it really really hurt but I am pleased with the results.  My doctor was very good - saline implants - and look very natural - scar under the breasts.  I've always been much larger on the bottom and I have a much more balanced body, even though I've put on a lot of weight.  
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.