Women's Social Community
884 Members

Crafts for Toddlers...

It is getting chilly here now and we are staying in a lot more, Plus, I feel like a whale and don't have the energy to get out and about as much. I was trying to think of some nice, simple(Not too messy!) crafts to do w/ my 2 1/2 y o...ones that she is capable of enjoying. I came up with making paper plate masks, besides coloring. I was wondering if any of you had good ideas for age appropriate art/craft ideas.

I would like to also make macaroni/pasta necklaces w/ her (This was a frequently done craft in the preschool I used to work in), but I have no idea how they colored the pasta..Does anyone know how to do this?? Do you soak the pasta in colored water and re-dry it or something?? Also, does anyone have a recipe for homemade play dough? My dd loves play doh, but I think it would be more fun if we could make some of our own. If anyone has some good ideas, I would love to hear them.  Thanks! Bops
I got a lot of great ideas in the other forum! Thanks....
What about painting? i know when i worked at a daycare we did like special paintings for the holidays...They have washable paint...but you could put some newspaper on the table first
which other forum? I would like to know too. i have 2 years old twins.
I posted this same question in the Maternal/Childrens forum as well...
I always loved the family fun magazine. Online, too. It has age appropriate crafts, games, etc. Great ideas. Hope this helps, it's hard to be inside without something to do.