Egg Donations

How do you ladies feel about donating your eggs?  Could you do it?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well I dont have any but if I did and someone specifically asked me i probably would. I am also all in favor of organ donation and am registed on my drivers license as such...Me and hubby donate blood 2x a year.
Helpful - 0
Hell no!!!  Not my eggs!  blood is very different from eggs.....as well as organs....I don't think I could live knowing my child was out there being raised by someone else...it would have to be an extreme circumstance and then God bless the mother of my egg!

( mind you, I have an adopted daughter from China)
Helpful - 0
I also am all for donating organs.
But I think that for me at least, it is a total God thing in way of creation. I don't think that God causes illness or tragedies and He will work out the evil in the world for good if we give it to Him. We may not understand why some people who don't deserve to be parents have a bunch of babies that have to be taken away from them because they don't care about anybody other than themselves and then there are those that seem like they would be the perfect mom who can't have children. So I am not saying that God didn't give them eggs or whatever the problem is for a reason but I would say that He gave me my eggs to be my eggs. Just like he knows every hair on our head. I don't want to mess with His plan. It's complicated.
Helpful - 0
There is no way i would donate eggs! I wouldn't be able to live knowing another woman had my baby............I am glad there are women that can donate eggs,but i am not one of them.
I am in favor of organ donation...I am an organ donor.
Helpful - 0
I was thinking about it really hard.  If I believe that life starts at conception, then how could I donate?  They do fertilize the egg before injecting the patient, right?  

I always over complicate my thoughts.
Helpful - 0
I'm the receipient of donated eggs - my baby, Noah, was born via donated eggs.  Yes, they fertilize the eggs before transferring them into the patient.  Even though the cells begin to divide after injecting the sperm doesn't make one pregnant.  It depends on whether the embryo implants in the uterus or not which is indicated when one takes a pregnancy test 10-14 days after transfer.

I would definitely donate my eggs back way back when and I don't consider my child to be the donor's child - she didn't carry him to term, she doesn't take care & raise him.  All she did was donate the egg - not become pregnant with it.  The donor may have started the process but if it weren't for my husband and myself as well, he would not be here in existence.

We have 11 embryos left from the process.  We are considering donating them to a couple who can't have children or who want to "adopt".  I don't know if it's the same thing as egg donation- I trust the clinic who has them in their custody to find a couple who would give these embies a good home(s).
Helpful - 0
They have made the adoption process ridiculous.  It is much easier to adopt overseas than to adopt in the US.  I can't understand how easily it is to become a Foster Parent, but it's a crazy mess to adopt a child.  My SIL's step-sister has been a Foster Parent for over 3 years now to the same children.  They will let her foster these kids but she does not meet the "qualifications" to adopt them.  Makes NO SENSE to me!!
Helpful - 0
It actually is getting alot harder to adopt overseas now, and just as expensive if not more.  A good friend of mine just adopted from China and it almost took two years to get their baby girl...who was 10 months at the time of adoption!  Why couldnt they have gotten her earlier than 10 months if she was available.  
Alot of times with foster children, they are waiting for the parents to clean their act up and get their children back.  It has happened many of times where the children will be with a good home at a very young age, then 3-4 years later the mom cleans up her drug habit and gets her kids back.  It really s u c k s, but the systems wants those children back with the birth parents it at all possible.

On the topic of egg donation, I guess I am not one of those thinkers that life starts at conception...what if the egg never sticks to the uterine wall.   Many woman m/c at this point and never know the wiser when their period starts on time.  Life occurs when all the possible things are available for life to take place, just as someone would die without food and water...there are necessary things for life to persist. One main one for an embryo would be a blood supply to it.
Helpful - 0
There is a shortage of females in China now.  The men wayyyy out number the women.
Helpful - 0
I agree w/baby science.  Pregnancy doesn't actually occur (or life) until the embryo adheres to the uterine wall & begins producing hcg.

I'm not sure what the adoption process in adopting an embryo(s) but I understand it's far less difficult than regular adoption plus the mother is the one who controls the pregnancy since she's the one who's actually pregnant.  Of course there's no guarantee once the embryo(s) are transferred that the woman becomes pregnant.  There's always a risk but I guess there are several w/a regular adoption too.
Helpful - 0
i have nothing against egg donation.  however, i personally wouldn't have done it.  i am also against my husband making similar donations.  but, i see nothing wrong with it if you want to do it.  
Helpful - 0
I will always believe that life starts at conception.  As soon as egg and sperm join together.  

I am fresh out of debate on the topic.
Helpful - 0
I am not sure, probably not to a stranger but maybe to a relative or friend in need, even to be a surrogette for those mentioned above group too.
My current bf is considering sperm donation, we recently discussed it..I told him you realize that those children have the right to your identity and will show up one day to meet you..I don't think he even considered that responsibility of future meetings.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Social Community