Women's Social Community
876 Members
Avatar universal

Is this my fault or my bodies?

I'm 18 and I've been masturbating for about 3 years now. It has never hurt for me to masturbate before and about a month ago it has started hurting,really bad. I dont know whether to go to the doctor and it be awkward between my mom or just stop for a little while? If you have any other suggestions that would be great too.
2 Responses
Avatar universal
Not sure if anyone has responded to you or not but, if you haven't sought out your GYN, it wouldn't be such a bad idea, there maybe some reason to explain your pain. If you haven't I would just  take a little break in the pleasing area for a little while, and try again. If problem still occurs definitely reach out to your GYN.
Avatar universal
I'm 13 and the same thing is happening with me, it wakes me up from extreme pain. Like a period cramp but worse.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.