Women's Social Community
880 Members

Laser hair removal??

Okay, I have been thinking about getting this done as it is becoming more and more annoying to shave certain areas, mostly just my under arms and bikini area. I am Italian, so I blame my mom for all my hair issues...lol. I even have some areas on my face where I get some hair and I hate plucking! It's not so bad on my face though, But for those other 2 areas, it's a pain!! Anyone have this done and was completely satisfied with it? I am about to have my second child and we plan on taking a nice long break until we have another, so I thought maybe sometime next year I could get something done, maybe before summer. I always break out under my arms and it just hurts. I have tried everything to soothe it and different things, nothing works. I am a little nervous to get it done, because I have heard some horror stories...I should stop reading so much online. Would it be best to start with my under arms and see how it goes? Any advice on this topic?
hi chantal21,

i also looked into laser hair removal, mainly for my belly and bikini line. i do not have a lot of body hair, but those two places really bother me. i did not end up pursuing it after i learned that you have to receive regular treatments to ensure that the hair is removed, and even then there is no guarantee that the hair will not return. talk about frustrating! each visit can cost up to $200 depending on where and how much hair you need removed. so maybe my budget just wasn't up for it. i would love to know if you did it and if you were satisfied with it.

best of luck!
I had a friend who had it done and they don't do all the hairs in the one hit. You have to go back for many treatments, the more hairy you are, the more treatments and cost! Apparently it is not painfree either.

Might be a good idea to purchase an Epilady ( I have no idea if that is the name in USA) and do it yourself. There is the yank out the hair as you go along with the wheel sort of one, and then there is the electrolysis one. I think the latter would be more permanent. And cheaper than true laser hair removal.

Good luck!
Thanks! I am going to keep looking into it. I have heard it's not always painless...yikes!! and then several visits as well seems like a lot. Not sure if it's worth it and all. I am going to look at other options first and then make a final decision. It's scary though and I don't want to make a bad decision and then be stuck with something for the rest of my life!!
Thanks aussie...I will look into those!