Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Social Community
880 Members

Laser hair removal

Has anyone tried out laser hair removal? on face or legs? I've heard its not only expensive but it also can leave a darker tone on the area treated...any insight about it???
2 Responses
Hi Caromar, first off, I am  a Medical Esthetician and I have given many people laser hair removal treatments.  My opinion on the matter is this.  I honestly don`t believe that laser is 100% guaranteed. Yes, it can discolor skin and it can also promote underlying hairs to grow. I have treated patients for a period of 2 years with them coming once every 6 weeks and I can tell you that none of them were completely satisfied.  I had explained to them during consultation that the most it will do is leave you hair free for about 3-5 weeks at a time.  Then once you stop your treatments, the hair will eventually grow back, how long depends on the individual.  MY advice to you would be to forget the laser.  It is too expensive only to get so-so results.  What I would reccoment to you would be an Èpilator``(about $60.00).  I can tell you, from my opinion it is the best device on the market for hair removal.  Yes it will hurt once you start using it but the more and longer you use it, the less it hurts. Just make sure the hair is one eighth inch in length when you use it.  You can even use it as soon as the hair starts growing back (stubble).  I have been using it for over 10 years now and there are only a few whiskers growing back on my legs. It literally takes me 1 minute to do both underarms.  About 15-20 for full legs.  Trust me it is the best.
Thank you so much for the insight! I certanly don't want to waste a bunch of money on something that will not work as I expect it to!
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.