Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
284738 tn?1283106819

OT... did you have your wedding catered?

So i was pricing caters and i found one for 2500... which is a little steep.. there willbe 80 people at my wedding and reception.. so i was wondering if it would be cheaper for me to buy the meats ( pork tenderloin & roast beef) and just do it ourselves... ( extended family included)  now that 2500 includes all the linens.. plates.. silverware..stemware.. and they set everything up...  what do you guys think?
5 Responses
184342 tn?1282588750
you will probably end up spending a lot doing it yourself, and you won't have to do all the work-  cooking for 80 people is not an easy task...  my husband and I own a catering business....  I would go with the caterers, if you can afford it...  it will be a lot less work for you!  
167 tn?1374173817
I second what tator says, if you can afford it. Our wedding is in two weeks and I am so glad that we don't have to worry about ANY of that! They will do all of the decorating and clean up and food. We just enjoy our day and dance ;)
568659 tn?1256139982
2500 sounds like a really good deal, I do weddings all the time at work and that is about what the food and linen bill comes to for a party that sized. Our parties are done at the restaurant so obviously silver, chairs and everything is included, we don't charge for the space.
Plus, like tator said, that would be a lot of work for you and you are going to want to enjoy your day not be worried about filling chaffing dishes and what not.
730826 tn?1317943334
I thought that sounded kinda pricey but Im a cheep a s s. I was looking into it for my summer wedding and i got about the same price for 120 guests. I really dont know which would be cheaper. I know Ihave been thinking about doing it at a country club where its all included (dinner, music, drinks, facilities etc.) It turnes out to be around the same price (where I was looking anyways) And this way I can enjoy my Night and not have to worry aboutt he food, decorations and clean up.
189069 tn?1323402138
Maybe you can look around some more and find different providers, if it's not too difficult. For my wedding, the bridal shop also rented out silverware, linens and tables and chairs. They also had waiters so I hired them to serve the food and drinks for $50 each and I paid $400 for the food to be made for about 150 people and they delivered, of course and the waiters did the rest. You just gotta look around, but if you can afford the caterer, it's less stress for you! Good luck!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Social Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.