Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
172023 tn?1334672284

Oven Fried Eggplant Slices

I'm sorry, but I had to post this here.  It is hands down, by far, my favorite recipe EVER.  Crispy on the outside, creamy and wonderful on the inside.  Without the marinara and shredded mozzarella, its a little bit bland for me, but with the sauce and cheese, its a 10!

The original recipe was from Recipezaar.  My modifications are in parenthesis.  I highly recommend reading it all the way through before beginning.  

1/2 cup low fat mayo (I used fat free ranch tonight, it was better!)
1 T minced onion
1 lb unpeeled (I peeled it) eggplant, sliced into about 12 (1/2 in) slices
1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
(marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese if you plan on making it Eggplant Parm, see the end of the recipe)
Cooking spray

1.  Combine first 2 ingredients, stir well
2. Spread evenly over both sides of the eggplant slices
3.  Combine breadcrumbs cheese, and italian seasoning in a shallow bowl, dredge slices in breadcrumbs
4.  Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray
5.  Bake at 425 for 12 min
6.  Turn eggplant over; back an additional 12 min or until golden.
(At this point, if you want quick and easy crispy Eggplant Parmesan, spoon a little marinara sauce and a tablespoon of shredded mozzarella over each slice and broil for 2 minutes.  I highly recommend this!)

If you don't make it into Eggplant Parm, you can squeeze some lemon juice over the slices.  Otherwise, its a little bland.  Good, but a little bland for my taste.  

Serves 4 (3 slices per serving)

Nutrition info per serving:

Cals--206  Fat-13gms (3 gms saturated fat)  sodium--570 mg  carbs--17gms  fiber--3.4gms  Protein--6.2 gms  WW points--5

Come check out more healthy and easy recipes like this on the Healthy Cooking Community!  And if you have a few pounds to lose, check out the Dieting Community.  
(this advertisement provided by Peekawho Industries)
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Peek, when are you going to put out a cookbook?  For REAL????  You are really into it!  Then you won't have to work nights anymore.....and then I can say I remember you when you were being kicked off of Medhelp!!!!
Helpful - 0
Mmm, thank you! I snatched this up and added it to my recipes!
Helpful - 0
13167 tn?1327194124
Peek,  I use almost this exact recipe to make chicken fingers - but using  eggplant would be great too.  

And then,  (this is really good) dip them in HEB Texas Twist Spicy Chipotle Thousand Island dressing.  (All the HEB Texas Twists are pretty good,  this one's the best for dipping).  

Helpful - 0
172023 tn?1334672284
I've never seen that dressing!
Helpful - 0
13167 tn?1327194124
Do you have an HEB?   It's in the produce section,  with the chilled dressings.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Social Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.