Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

heart attack?

I think my husband had a mild heart attack early this morning (4 a.m.?).  He had all the symptoms as I looked them up.  He refused me to call 911 saying he thought he was ok.  By 5:30 he felt well enough to rest, and sleep until 7.  At 7 he said his chest was still hurting, but it was not a heart attack.  He got dressed and left for work, saying he had a busy day and could not call in sick.  I am freaking out b/c everything I read says you need treatment within 24 hours.  I called his office and told him to go to ER (btw, he works in a hospital!!!!!!!!!), he says he is fine.  I told him if he doesn't go, I will call his co-workers and continue to harass him.  He is getting angry with me.  Am I over-reacting?  He is 41, of healthy weight with a past history of obesity and he does not work out.  He has a stressful job.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
p.s. he does also have a history of high blood pressure.
Helpful - 0
535822 tn?1443976780
No you are not over reacting, he should get checked out,it could be somnething like Gerd, as My DH gets that pain a lot , however do try to get him to see someone to make sure hes okay .
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Social Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.