Worried About HIV Support Community
17 Members

Extremely Worried!!

I know HIV dies in the air - but I am having a bad time dealing with a recent incident. My neighbor came up to me (he sleeps with different women) and I said hi - my dog went up to him to say hi as well, as he always does. A few seconds later my dog cam up to me a began to lick an open sore I have on my leg. He does this quite often. Many "what ifs" coming now. What if my neighbor happened to have an open cut as well that my dog licked before me? What if he has HIV? I know this is not a possibly to transmit HIV, since it dies when it hits the air, plus the dog saliva would also affect it. But - what if? Could I have HIV?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.