My unfortunate story

My parents are addicts and I basically grew up around drug abuse, fighting, and mom and dad telling on themselves about there extensive drug use to me. That was their little Game. So I started using pills booze and pot at 15. I would take 8 to 10 pills at a time and go to school like this. I got kicked out of a private school twice, fell for the wrong boy he took my virginity and got me pregnant b4 I could graduate high school. He left for the marines and is living a great life while his mother has custody of our son. I gave her custody because my drug use worsened. I started use cocaine everyday, which led to crack. Ive dated the wrong kinda guys and been addicted to just about everything from uppers downers hallucinogens and using needles. I was court ordered to rehab for 12 months a couple years ago after spending a month in the county jail. I got reborn, was one of the best things that's happened to me. Ive relapsed since then. I relapse all the time. Everyday is a struggle for me. All I have came to know is this dirty drug game. I hate it. But I'm doing better than I ever have now. I'm taking some business classes in August at home on the comp. and I plan on getting a job, sometime.
I think that like everyone here you are just taking steps towards the recovery process which can be difficult and tentative at first. I don't think you need people to vote on this. I'm sure everyone would be supportive here but sometimes you can encounter negativity in the outside world and developing a sense of self is part of recovery. Self empowerment has always been one goal for me though I know each person defines it differently. I haven't been through that specific aspect of recovery but I have relatives who have and I know that its not an easy process.
Thanks, I didn't mean to make a "poll" though. I am still getting the hang of Med help. Self Empowerment does hardly nothing for me. I am still learning to Love myself. I thrive on spiritual guidance. This has been the most effective step in my recovery. Thanks again for your reply :)

With luv,
kC
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the Your Life Story Group

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.