Can anyone recommend anything to put on wound after abcess

Anyone know of anything can try to help heal wound?  Tried clay which has really helped with drainage and pain but need something to help it close up as so big and sore or is it best just to let air to it?

My surgeon said to keep it dry and covered while it was healing.  

If you use Facebook, please consider joining the group for GM.  You can find it by searching for "Granulomatous Mastitis".  We have over 100 members so far, and it has been a great way to connect and share experiences and support.
Yes!  My surgeon had this felt-like "fabric" that i would cut to cover the opening, then cover with a clear adhesive bandage.  The "felt" kept he would with the right amount of moisture to heal and absorbed the draining.  I think it also had some antibiotic in it.  Ask your doc about that...it really worked for me.
Sorry, the "felt" kept the right amount of moisture in the wound for optimum healing, but also absorbed the draining...
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the granulomatous mastitis Group

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.