Update on me after breast cancer and Enbrel treatment

Hi Everyone:  I feel terrible that I haven't responded to questions, and dropped out of moderating this group some time ago.  But, I have just now recovered from the treatment of aggressive (Her2+) breast cancer.  Interestingly the cancer occurred in the breast that had IGM, and also my cancer biopsy revealed GM cells within the cancer tumour.  I have been undergoing surgery, chemo and radiation and it was pretty hellish.  However, I am starting to regain my strength now.  

1) GM hurts a heck of a lot more than breast cancer in my experience, so don't let anyone just dismiss your pain and suffering -- both diseases are awful, although with the breast cancer it was the treatment (mainly chemo), that was horrific, the tumour didn't hurt, and while aggressive breast cancer is not a psychological picnic, the unknown cause and best course for treatment for IGM is not a great place to be mentally either
2) Just prior to my breast cancer diagnosis, I had gone on a four month course of Enbrel.  Whether it did anything good or bad I have no idea.  However, I did get the cancer diagnosis shortly after.  I have not had a recurrence of GM since.
3) Research doesn't seem to have gone anywhere?  or maybe I just need to do more current reading.

I hold you all in my heart and thoughts.  This is tough stuff, and don't ever let any ignorant person tell you differently.  

JoJo
Praying for you!! What a turn and this is one of the first cases I have heard of leading to cancer, did they mention a mastectomy? That's where my thoughts are leading me personally, after 12 years of this, I don't have any healthy tissue left really on my right side and I want to be done with this!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the granulomatous mastitis Group

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.