What now

Hi, I've had 2 lots of surgery on my breast and have recently been diagnosed with GM.  I have Palindrome Rhuematoid Arthritis and Hashimotos disease, both autoimmune diseases.  Does this affect my chances of getting rid of GM? I am to see the Breast Specialist next week.

I am sorry that it has taken so long to respond to your questions. By now you have probably already seen your breast specialist. Were you able to find answers to any of your questions there?

IGM is thought to possibly be autoimmune in nature. My opinion is that it is. A lot of autoimmune diseases seem to occur together, so it makes sense that you would have more than one. There are other women on this forum who have other autoimmune diseases also.

I don't know whether having other autoimmune diseases could effect your chances of getting rid of IGM.

Are you taking medications? Some of the medications used to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis are the same as those used to treat IGM. I don't know anything about Hashimotos Disease. Have you tried changing your diet to manage your symptoms?

Jennifer
So sorry that I haven't been on in a while. The holidays are going by quickly. My GM is very much under control. My meds are doing what they need to do. Hopefully you are seeing a Rheumatologist for your Arthritis, and you can speak to him about your GM. Breast Surgeons mean well...but I believe they see too much cancer...and removal of cancerous tissue is first and formost in their minds. A Rheumatologist can treat all your autoimmune diseases together. I think they have a good handle on the drugs available, and how to use them. I also think they will be willing to work with you if you choose to go a more natural route.
Blessings to you on this holiday, and I hope you can hug your 4 year old soon.
Mary
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the granulomatous mastitis Group

The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.