can i get pregnant if i have GM?

I was diagnosed with this GM in Feb 2012..planning for another child long time ago but now effected by this disease. is there any one out there pregnant and have GM? need some advise please... i don't know when this GM will totally recover but saw some has been effected for years... i'm mid 30 now, very sad and depressed
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Glad to hear from u, that's good news. Thank's for sharing. :)
Helpful - 0
Sorry to hear you are feeling depressed-it is a very hard thing to have to go through. I too was diagnosed in the spring of 2012 and got pregnant just a few months afterwards! My baby is now 6 months old and I am able to breastfeed her from the unaffected side. Also, if you are planning a pregnancy I should tell you that I had no symptoms after the first few months of pregnancy-and my old surgery sites healed during that time. Good luck and hope you feel better!
Helpful - 0
Thank's for your reply n encourage words, I'd not have go through all these suffering without u n this forum u have created, many Thank's to u ... :)
Helpful - 0
Hi Katcat88:

Sorry to hear you are feeling down...

Almost all of the women diagnosed with GM are diagnosed within a few years of having children and having breast fed, or while currently breast feeding.

Many go on to get pregnant again and there seems to be no effect on the baby  (BIG NOTE OF COURSE ON ANY MEDICATIONS YOU MAY BE TAKING TO TREAT YOUR GM - always have to check with the doctor on your own case)....but please don't just assume about never having a baby because of GM...many women here have done so

Also I have never heard of any transmission or complications to the babies, even when breastfeeding from a woman with active GM...

Depression seems to be a very common symptom with this disease

so please remember that and be extra kind and good to yourself.

this disease *****, treatment *****, but each women's outcome is different and you may have a very mild case -- I do believe stress management and lifestyle, diet, etc., can really have an effect here, as with any disease

best wishes,

JoJo
Helpful - 0
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the granulomatous mastitis Group

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?