Aa
A
A
A
Close
help get off pills please Community
131 Members

Need HELP with methadone withdrawal at home.

I am (was) addicted to methadone. I took it to get off vicadin and it was cheaper. Big mistake! I have aplastic anemea which is a rare bone marrow diesese where my body doesn't produce enough blood and I've been in the hospital for weeks and weeks at a time since I was about 12, and I think that started the seduction of pain killers. I had morphine, demoral, very strong things and I simply had to push a button. I never swallowed a pill in my life before then. , I could've and would've died within days. Now on top of that I cuurently have fibromyalgia and a microedenoma (small benign tumor) on my pituitary gland in my brain.I feel like I can't deal with everything that everyone expects. I have two daughters 2, and 3 1/2. I used to ... well still do think I cant take care of them and clean the house and be a perfect little "housewife" without pills. I started with one methadone and couldn't feel it and then two at a time, 3, 4, 5, very quickly, then up to 8 sometimes 9 at a time depending on what I had to do that day. I don't work I sit at home with my girls all day every day! The only time I go out of the house is to go grocery shopping or to the doctor! It's awful, I've seculded myself and ignored any phonecalls or invitations from friends and family. I don't have a single person that I talk to outside of my husband and my mom who has no idea how deep and over my head i am. I sometimes feel like I can't go on but I'm right in a way I just cant go on being an addict. I think with some help I can do it at home. I need it to be that way- its been 6 days today without anything but ibprofin 800's n hot baths. The cravings are still there- I keep thinking I'll just tske some one day so I can clean the house since I havent moved from bed in a week and my girls have tore up the house. Is this as good as it gets? I've went a week and half and still found my way back to them- but now the 6th day I've never been this comitted to quiting. But it's hard I have a big script of lortabs waiting for me now but I can't even move to get them. Do I take them to help with withdrawals? Do I get addicted to them because it's easier to get off vics? I need help from anyone PLEASE!  and sorry for the whole life story... just need to vent! :(
0 Responses
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.