mental health chats Community
395 Members

help phobia of losing brain cells

i'm paranoid about loosing brain cells, be it by walking down the street and being exposed to exhaust gases, second hand smoking, using any sort of substances, holding my breath underwater, banging my head, it is getting really annoying, all i can seem to think about these day is how to avoid potential neurons loss, any advices? i'm 16 years old
Hi, well, I'm 16 as well and my situation seems very similar to yours. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors could help you. Or going deep and finding out what is the source of your phobias and deal with it somehow. Anyways I guess that sooner or later you'll find out that non of those situations you are being normaly exposed to are as dangerous as you think. Just give it a time and try to relax. :)
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.