Aa
A
A
A
Close
recovery after vitamin D deficiency Community
384 Members

UK - 20 000 ui 3 times a week do I need other vits?

I am in the UK and been told I am defficient, take 20, 000ui d3 3 times a week for 8 weeks then I have to take desunin d3 800 twice daily for ever. Had 2 doses so far and feel rubbish. I know there is a kicking in time but come on why can't Doctors start us off at a lower dose so as not to shock our systems! My question is should I he taking any other vitamin or ??? to help it do its thing? Do I up my water drinking, have calcium or magnesium?  Just being told here you are deficient take these tablets and you will feel better is rather simplistic. Have to say I am relieved its not tumours on my parathyroid thingy as high calcium levels, low vit d and a low pth level might show that if I remember rightly. I have a 13.3 pth (high) vit d less than 30 nmol/L and calcium 2.18 (low) am also surprised they didnt say my ferritin was low as our ranges are 20-291 and mine is 25 trying to understand all this is mad. I know ranges differ between the UK and US but do I take anything else like multi vits but then even they have vit d and I really dont want to take any more. Arghhhhh so confused. Panic attacks are on an all time high too. :( any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks.
0 Responses
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.