recovery after vitamin D deficiency Community
384 Members

Vitamin D Symptoms

I have PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) and like many people with kidney disease, cannot activate vitamin D into it's usable form of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D. My D levels were not outrageously low (in the mid 20s), but since i started supplementing a year ago, my D levels are now at 30 (as of a week ago).  

My symptoms:
Foggy Brain
Migraine Headaches
Chest Pain and Heart Palpitations (worse when under stress)
Tingling in legs and mostly feet
Back Pain
General Weakness in body
Chronic Fatigue

I've had every test under the sun including:
EKGs
Cardiac Stress Test
MRI of Chest and Brain
Chest X-ray
Lyme disease blood test
CT Scan
Numerous Spinal and Neuro Tests

All of these came back negative...so I started supplementing D...i started feeling better...my symptoms were 75% improved. But...recently i had another "attack" that has been going on for a few weeks. The symptoms are about half as bad as they were before, so that leads me to believe that it is related to the D deficiency.

My question is...if my levels are a 30, which is in the at the bottom of the healthy range (30-100)...why are these symptoms still here and what number should I expect would make the symptoms go away completely, 50? I know some doctors say they like to see healthy people around 50.

Any insight?

My doctor recently informed me that anyone with a total Vit D lower than 35 gets a recommendation for supplementation.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.