Vitamin D deficiency symptoms

With all the sites out there that have info on Vitamin D, their just doesn't seem to be one that has all the symptoms that can accompany vitamin d deficiency. I'm going to list my symptoms, so that others may have some insight, in layman's terms. I hope anyone else with the deficiency would also post theirs.

Hey, Blossom, why don't you add your symptoms of d deficiency (as distinct from vitamin D intolerance) to our survey?
My problems have been an ongoing issue for over 10yrs. I've been tested for RA, Lupus etc. so many times it's actually down right ridiculous anymore. My last Vit D was 6. Lowest my Dr has ever seen personally, he feels there is something else going on but isn't sure yet. I also have a very high inflammation level.

Vitamin D Deficiency symptoms

Visual changes
vertigo
ringing in ears
Foggy thinking (almost a confused feeling)
Balance has been semi to completely bad
dizziness sometimes to the point where I can't function
Migraines/daily headaches
sensitive to sound and light
Nausea (a lot!)
clenching teeth
Mood swings
Emotional
Anxiety
Problems swallowing to the point where I'd have to vomit to get things unstuck
Palpitations (pvc's with 122 bpm usually the highest)
Major muscle pain Calves, thighs, back mostly
Pins and needles all over
Hot poker type pains
Can not tolerate heat
Can't tolerate cold
sever fatigue
jumping muscles/spasms upper/lower legs and back
Night sweats
Muscle weakness
Dizzy/Vertigo feeling in the dark
Poor sleeping which has gotten worse

I'm sure more but so forgetful that I'm most likely missing some :)

Now if that isn't all bad enough... Taking the Vit D at 50,000 per week things are just 100x's worse. What I feel taking it is

Usually the day after I take it all I do is sleep or just lay around. And it's not a normal just laying around it's BAD. If the closest thing to me is the floor then I'll lay on the floor and just sleep. It's a very tired and terrible feeling. It's almost as if it's a drugged type feeling. I'm also having to pee a lot more often on the Vit D. I have almost no appetite at all. If my husband doesn't get after me to eat I won't for about 2 days.

I have taken it tonight so it should hit me in a few hours :) If it does and I will try and get on here to let everyone know what I'm feeling at the time.
Thanks for posting your symptoms and hang in there!! I also have migraines but not daily so I empathize with what you're going through. Read the adverse effects of vitamin D on the package insert it helps to distinguish intolerance from exacerbation of existing symptoms. Please keep in touch and let us all know how you're doing.
Happy to say that this round of Vit D this week has been nothing like the others!!! THANK GOD!!! But, yesterday woke up with a new issue I had never had before. Hubby keeps asking if I hit my hand or something but I haven't. My hand at the pink/hand knuckle hurts soooo bad and my pinky, ring and middle finger keep bending, Almost like I'm gripping something with my hand. Ugh... But thankfully I am doing good with the Vit D this week.
Haven't been on a while.  Trying desperately to get some of the "joy" back in my life.  Wanted to list my symptoms, too.  They are in no particular order.  Just can't concentrate enough to make a good order.

Off balance feeling, like I am on a small boat
Blurred vision, occasionally
sensitive eyes
Think I see something out of the corner of my eye, but when I turn there is nothing unusual
ringing or low humming in my ears
tingling at the end of my nose and in my gums
Headaches, more frequent
Migraines, new onset
joint pain and morning stiffness
muscle pain
muscle twitching
unconscious movement of my toes (usually one at a time)
sensation of bus crawling on me, mainly lower body
extreme fatigue
difficulty concentrating
easy to get stressed in common situations
I just get cranky easier

I am sure there is more, but that is all I can think of.
One thing I have noticed is when I am tired, stressed, my blood sugar is really high (above 200) or somewhat low (below 100) or if I really have to urinate my symptoms are at its worse.  Is this something anyone else has noticed?
No, I have not noticed a change in blood sugar, though I sometimes think some of my symptoms are diabetes-like. I'm not a doctor but a blood sugar above 200 indicates diabetes(as do some of your symptoms); below 100 is normal depending upon how low (range - I think under 50 is hypoglycemia). It sounds as though your blood sugar is really fluctuating. Have you seen your PCP? An endocrinologist?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the recovery after vitamin D deficiency Group

Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.