Vitamin D deficiency symptoms

With all the sites out there that have info on Vitamin D, their just doesn't seem to be one that has all the symptoms that can accompany vitamin d deficiency. I'm going to list my symptoms, so that others may have some insight, in layman's terms. I hope anyone else with the deficiency would also post theirs.

I do have diabetes (and am treated)..I just notice that when my blood sugars are high or somewhat low my other "vitamin D" symptoms worsen.
That's an interesting observation -- I wonder if there's a relationship between vitamin D and glucose tolerance? I've had insomnia the past 2 night and I'm experiencing positional vertigo today
I just received my test results today and found out that I am extremely deficient.  The nurse said that my level was "less than 4" and that the doctor had prescribed 50,000 IU daily (I don't remember if she said it was D2 or D3 -- I will need to check) for a month.  Needless to say, I have been scouring the internet, trying to find information.  Thank you for this post and this forum in general, it is very helpful.

I don't really know what of my issues are related to Vit D Deficiency, so I'll just lay them all out there.  Like many of you, I just went into the doctor knowing that something was wrong and it needed to be fixed.  The extreme tiredness had me especially worried.  I had many of these symptoms for years, but after my appendix ruptured earlier this year and I spent more than a week in the hospital, I have been far more observant about my health.  BTW, I'm a female in my early 30's.

Head:
Migraines and other headaches -- I have had these since I was 3
Seeing things out of the corner of my eye that are not there -- until someone else listed this, I had not thought to put this together.
High pitched noises -- I constantly think that I hear my cell phone ringing
Susceptible to cavities
TMJ
Grind teeth
Positional Vertigo -- not all of the time, just two different times (for long periods) which was diagnosed as an inner ear infection.

Legs and arms:
Odd stabs of pain in my shin bones
Achy pain in my shoulders/neck/upper arms that makes me feel warm and slightly itchy and also like a deep bone-deep ache
Cold hands and feet
Shaky hands -- I usually associated this with when I'm really hungry
My right arm will occasionally hurt so badly as I'm trying to fall asleep that it will keep my up for hours

General:
EXTREME fatigue -- I have told my husband that I'm "so tired that I *hurt*"  I will sleep 8-12 hours and still feel wiped out
Feeling down -- I feel like I'm often like Eeyore on Winnie the Pooh and I a very positive person
Mood swings -- especially with PMS, this is much worse than it used to be
Brain fog and trouble concentrating
Memory loss -- I have always been a good speller, but suddenly my brain and my fingers can't seem to remember how to type the correct combination of letters
Anxiety
Extreme sensitivity to cold -- and I live in a really cold state, so this is no fun.  I sit in my 66 degree house and need to have pants and socks and a sweatshirt on and sometimes the cold feels like I can feel it to my bones, especially in my shins.
Weight gain (around 15-20 lbs)
Feeling weak
Dizzy/lightheaded -- just sometimes, not all of the time
Random GI Issues

Sorry this is so long.  I'm really hopeful that the mega-dosage will work for me and that I can have more good days than bad in the months to come.
Casey, as you can see from this blog, many of us share some of your symptoms. To what extent vitamin D will help or whether many of your problems are due to other underlying condition(s) you'll have to sort out over time as your D levels rise. By way of encouragement, I have a friend who began treatment with a vitamin D level of 4 approximately 2 months ago -- I don't know where she is in her treatment but I know she was also being evaluated for celiac disease. I was at a doctor's yesterday who stressed the importance of taking D3, it's the most bioavailable form -- the prescription mega doses are usually D2 but they work well for some people I wasn't one of them. Best of luck wishing you good days only in the months to come...Phyllis
These are my symptoms, starting with the ones appearing first:

- chest pain, a bit hard to breathe (about a year ago, getting worse this summer)
- tired/worn out all the time (fatigue)
- weakness in the limbs
- headaches
- mood swings, feel depressed from time to time
- dizziness
- frequent bowel movements (started late summer, comes and goes, really - good periods and really bad periods)
- joint pain
- musclepain in thighs, arms etc
- nausea  
- back- and neck-pain
- tender spots in head/scalp - different spots ache at different times
- throat-problems - often feels like a swelling on one side
- dry and painful eyes
- insomnia - for the first time in my life I sometimes just can't sleep at night.
- ears pain

I may have forgotten something, but this is what comes to mind.

For me, many of the symptoms seem to be strongly connected, and if my diarrhea is bad a couple of days, probably 'everything else' is also bad at the same time... Some days are far better, some far worse.

My bloodtest showed a D-level of 31 nmol/L, should be 75-150. I started about a month ago taking D3 (spray, actually). I started at about 3000 IUs a day, now I'm taking 5000.  Hoping it won't be too long before I se some improvement - I have two little kids and would really like to get to be the mom that I normally am instead of this zombie one... :/
I'm just adding a few  that I forgot:

- tingling/numbness in hands and feet
- I tend to burp after eating or drinking
- dry skin in my face
- bone pain - i.e in the ribs
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the recovery after vitamin D deficiency Group

Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.