statin-induced adverse side effects Community
1 Members

why are so many doctors in denial?

My doctor at the renowned Mayo Clinic was incredulous at all the damage that I claimed  2 years of taking statins did to me in the late 1980's, but when I presented substantiation (time lines, clinical tests, X-ray reports, etc) he quickly became a believer and said I was absolutely right to get off the Simvastatin he himself prescribed to me a year ago right away. He apparently looked into the reference I gave him to the European Medicines Agency Pharmacovigilance Working Group report of 27 Nov 2009 as well. When even an excellent cardiologist at a famous medical facility can be surprised that statins can do serious damage, what about your doctor?
How do you convince your GP or internist that you have been damaged if he or she refuses to believe you?

You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.