All Journal Entries Journals
Sort By:  

Heparin

Feb 05, 2013 - 39 comments

So after I lost Ruby I was told for my next pregnancy I would have a lot of intervention and be under the high risk clinic at the hospital.

The plan was low dose asprin, progesterone the entire pregnancy, stitch in my cervix at 12 weeks and heparin shots.  Well I'm pregnant and so far they have been fobbing me off regarding the heparin.
I am under the impression from a few of my friends on here, that I should have started it the minute I had a positive hpt.  The doc at my clinic is taking her sweet time in finding out from the immunologist at the high risk clinic at the hospital as to when I should start it.

Well she emailed me today to say she hadn't heard back from the immunologist and would ring her on Friday.  She also asked if I could do my second beta tomorrow (Thursday) instead of Friday so she could see the hcg is rising because if it isn't I would need to bother with the heparin (so sensitive -  NOT!).

So yeah, second beta planned for tomorrow morning and I'm really nervous. I hope it's rising appropriately and then they give me the damn heparin!

FET Diary

Jan 27, 2013 - 3 comments

23/01/13 - Transfer of 5 day blastocyst
28/01/13 - 5 days past 5 day transfer (10 dpo) - light positive on hpt at 4:30pm
30/01/13 - 7 days past 5 day transfer (12 dpo) - bit darker on hpt at 6:00am
31/01/13 - 8 days past 5 day transfer (13dpo) - hpt getting darker
01/02/13 - 9 days past 5 day transfer (14dpo)  - beta is 126
03/02/13 - 11 days past 5 day transfer (16dpo) - started spotting and a bit crampy
04/02/13 - 12 days past 5 day transfer (17dpo) - no spotting
07/02/13 - 15 days past 5 day transfer (20dpo) - beta is 1369
13/02/13 - 21 days past 5 day transfer (26dpo) - beta is 12,586
14/02/13 - (27dpo) 5 weeks, 6 days - 1st ultrasound  - gestation sac and yolk sac seen, no fetal pole yet
21/02/13 - (34dpo) 6 weeks, 6 days - 2nd ultrasound scheduled

Fish Oil & Low Dose Asprin - Help!

Jan 21, 2013 - 3 comments

I just happened to read the label on my fish oil supplement and noticed it said "Do not combine with anti coagulant medication without seeking advice. Well I'm on baby asprin which is anti coagulant medication right?  Does anyone know why they shouldn't be taken together???  I would ask my clinic but I know they aren't going to know - they are all as thick as pig sh*t there.

FET probably not going to happen :(

Dec 12, 2012 - 7 comments

Looks like my FET is not going to happen this month after all.  I'm on CD13 and had a blood test this morning. Nurse called this afternoon to tell me my estrogen levels are not high enough and I'm probably not going to ovulate this month. WTF - I always ovulate!!  I don't understand what is going on - I have been tracking my temps and been doing OPK's every month and I have been ovulating smack on CD14/15 for months.  The clinic is closing down for the holidays on the 21st so if I don't ovulate in the next few days I'm out because my embryo is a 5 dayer and they will have to wait 5 days after I ovulate to put it back in.  So they are going to retest my levels on Friday and if it's not indicating a surge then I can't do the FET. She said if I end up having to do it next month they will put me on clomid to make sure I ovulate on time.  Grrrrrrrr so p*ssed off - once again my body betrays me. I just want to be pregnant again and I'm sick of waiting.