All Journal Entries Journals
Sort By:  

my birth story.  I just copy and pasted it from the february group

Mar 01, 2011 - 2 comments

Well Ella Unika Cresswell was born on the 28th February at 6:39pm.  She weighed 7 pound, 8 ounces and was 51 cms long.

My labour was quite INTENSE if you could say that :)  I started labouring Sunday night at about 10:30pm.  I wasn't sure if I was in labour because of all of the stop starts I had been having the week prior.  The contractions were coming around 7 minutes apart till about 4:00 in the morning and then subsided and stopped.  At 8am they started up again but were all over the place ranging from 20 to 15 minutes to none at all.  When I would walk around or lie down they would start up again.  At about 3pm they started coming every 10 minutes apart but were getting a lot more intense.  At 4:30 my inlaws had to pick my kids up because I was getting to the point where I couldn't walk unsupported.  At this point they were coming down to 5 minutes apart.  i decided to call the hospital at 4:45 and told them they were only 5 minutes apart but because of my previous labours and peak hour traffic I just wanted to get checked,
As we drove to the hospital they started getting more intense fast and were closing down to about 4 minutes.  We got to hospital at 5:30pm and I calmly walked in and was able to talk for the first time lol.  The midwife did my internal and said I was only 6cms.  I was guttered thinking I had hours to go.  We went into the labouring suite and I had my knees on the floor and leant over a gym ball with the shower on my back.  Within about 30 minutes the contractions went from 4 -5 minutes to one on top of the other.  I had the urge to push but I tried so hard not to because I was scared that I wasn't dilated enough.  The midwife said I could start pushing when I wanted and I did and within a couple of pushes she was out.

Once she came out I had to get the placenta out.  They gave me the injection straight away to get it out.  It took just over an hour to get the placenta out,  During that hour I was in intense PAIN!!!!!!  My back was killing me and I had that intense constipated feeling you have during the last stages of labour for an hour straight.  I asked for some panadol because I couldn't handle the pain.  My husband knew I was in pain because I had to ask for panadol so he knew I wasn't messing around lol.  When the doctor came in she tried to get it out and it wasn't budging.  She tried pushing on my tummy and that just made me scream (bit stupid considering I didn't scream or yell when I laboured or gave birth)  She then had to put a catheda (I dont know how to spell it) in my bladder to get my urine out and that didn't work but that was VERY painful!!!!!  The doctor told me that if we didn't get it out I would have to go to theatre and that she was sorry she was being so cruel.  She finally got it out but then there was a piece still in there so she had to try and get that out which she did eventually.  Once the placenta was out my back pain and constipated pain were gone instantly.

I knew the placenta was going to be difficult I just didn't realise it was going to be that painful.  I didn't need any stitches but I did have a few grazes so that was ok :)  I didn't have any drugs during the labour and birth but I needed panadol for the placenta.  Ella attached to the breast straight away and she has been a breeze since :)  I thought this labour was very intense because it went from 0-10 so fast it was difficult to mentally process it.  

Now for the 3 hourly wake up calls lol :)  I am still a bit sore around the pelvis area and find I am still out of breath when i walk so hopefully I will get better over the next few days.  

Hates feeling so emotionally vulnerable

Sep 13, 2010 - 0 comments

Well I have made it to 16 weeks and feeling happy but very sad all the same.  I am only a few weeks from my due date and although I know it is just another day how on earth do you get through it????????  I guess the only positive is that my sister is getting married the weekend after but I am still angry about my miscarriage.  It's funny how words cannot express the hurt I am feeling or the hurt every other women has felt as they approach this day.  Aghhhhh I just wish someone would take away all the pain I am feeling so it doesn't hurt anymore.

Feeling a bit drained

May 18, 2010 - 1 comments

I took the kids for a walk today and that was nice.  I am really starting to feel a bit drained and tired at the moment.  I need to stop worrying about my af so that it will come.  As each day passes it gives me hope I may be pregnant again but I think I am hoping too much.

Mood Tracker

HCG Results

May 13, 2010 - 1 comments

I am feeling a bit anxious today.  I am getting my hcg results back from the doctor to see if they have returned to 0.

Mood Tracker