Nov 28, 2011
Well I made my decision, I am going to deliver this baby by c-section. I have gestational diabetes with insulin and no matter what I eat the insulin is not bringing down my morning sugars so baby has just been enjoying all that sugar and packing on the weight!
Right now they are estimating her to be over 7 1/2 pounds and I am only 37 weeks. They think she will be 8 1/2 to 9 pounds by the time that I have her. They are having me do a c-section becuase my DD broke her clavical when she was born so they are afraid of shoulder dystocia. I decided that I should just go the safe route and do the c-section and not risk her getting stuck.
I am scared because my other two pregnancies were never like that. My DD was 6# 9oz and my DS was 6# 12.5oz so having anything in the 7# range on up is scary! My DS also came at 37 weeks and my DD came at 38 weeks naturally so I was hoping that this one would be following suit but so far not so much. I think she plans on staying in there until she is evicted!
Due to new hospital policies my doctor cannot do c-sections any sooner than 39 weeks unless their is a medical reason. So, the plan is that she will be born on December 15th unless I go into labor before that.
She is still really high and doesn't seem to want to drop, they are thinking she might just be too big to drop which means she won't put pressure on my cervix to dilate me or thin me which means she will be staying put. What I am confused about is that I have been having a lot of pains that radiate through the cervix and down into my vagina. They cause me to bend over in pain and everything but nothing seems to happen. My stomach doesn't harden really when they happen, sometimes it does, sometimes not. Could the pains be early labor? I also have had a lot of pressure and menstrual like cramps for 1 1/2 weeks. I also lost my mucus plug a week or so ago.
I think this baby is going to be the one to keep me on my toes!
Any advice would be great!