All Journal Entries Journals
Sort By:  


Oct 19, 2019 - 0 comments

Hubby flew over and took me to ER. Admitted a couple days ago. Still on IV & NPO, so it's hard to type. Don't mess up with dehydration.  When I was admitted, I had hypokalemia, metabolic acidosis, cardiac arrhythmia, anemia...  I'm still a little short of breath and lightheaded, but feeling a lot better.  I'm expecting to be discharged in the morning.


Oct 17, 2019 - 1 comments

It's been 3 weeks and counting.  I've been having explosive watery diarrhea every single day.  It's hard to stay hydrated.  Every time I try to get out of bed, I'm feeling dizzy and fainting no matter how slow I move.  Lucky that I'm temporarily living in a small apartment, so I can hold on to the wall and scoot to the kitchen to get the fluids. My resting heart rate while lying down is around 125.  A trip to kitchen would bump it up to 150.  Tonight I also get a 102.2 degree fever with severe migraine headache, very nauseated.  Sometimes I woke up from stomach pain in the middle of night and it can last 6-8 hours.  The pain meds hurt my stomach and I'm too dizzy and weak to get, so I just hugged two heating pads (one on tummy one on back) and curl up in a ball to wait for the pain to subside.  I can't believe that my doctor thinks all of this are just because of stress.  My CEA is slightly elevated above when my cancer was first diagnosed, but since it's still within normal range, no one is doing any further investigation at this time.  I lost 13 lbs over the last 3 weeks, and my BMI dropped from 18.5 to 15.97.  I hope that either things get better, or I get diagnosed very soon...... coz I cannot hang in there like this much longer.

Spent Mother's Day in bed

May 13, 2019 - 1 comments

I had a cold for 6 days since Wed.  On Sat, I took my mom to Napa to attend a cooking class for Mother's Day celebration, then to Los Altos Hills for my son's classmate's birthday party, then drove back to Davis.  I drove 250 miles that day.  After I got home, I crashed to bed and couldn't get up for the next 20 hours.  I spent my entire Mother's Day in bed, in pain, shivering, crying...... I struggled to get up at 7pm and drove for 2.5 hours to take my son to bay area.  

Took temp - 102.6! How did I drive with this temperature? Took Tylenol... Actually I have been taking Tylenol round the clock since Friday night. Overall been feeling a downward spiral.  It's 12am.  I'm feeling sick to my stomach because my mom insisted that I should eat something before I drove or I could pass out on the road.  Whatever she fed me, now I just wish I could throw up soon so I can get some relief.  

Don't ever force yourself to eat when you are running a high fever.  You recover faster with fasting from my experience.

On a separate note, I just realized that it's been barely a month since my last fever.  I know this cannot be normal. I know I should speak to my doctor.  I'm so  scared... I keep waiting to hope that pattern would stop, but I'm not getting any better at all. :(

High fever of unknown origin

Apr 03, 2019 - 2 comments

This is the third time this has happened recently.  It's April now, but we're still in a mild yet prolonged flu season.  The first time I spiked a fever, I just assumed that it was the flu.  I didn't have any symptoms initially, just sudden high fever with splitting headache, whole body aches, and severe dizziness.  But after the high fever turned into a low-grade fever three days later, I did start experience cold symptoms which lasted for two weeks.  That was in December 2018.  I didn't go to my doctor to get tested, just Tylenol, water, lukewarm bath, cool rags...

Fast forward beginning of February 2019, I had a cold for a few days then it turned into a high fever.  The temperature got up to 103.3.  I alternated Tylenol and Motrin per the nurse's advice, but the fever was still over 102. I was vomiting and fainting. I remember it took like 4 or 5 days to finally get the high fever down.  Again, there were some mild sore throat and coughs following that episode of high fever.  But they were honestly very mild.  After the fever was gone, it was just the massive fatigue and weakness.  I was dragging my body for weeks.

As I'm typing, I'm feeling chills and shivering again.  I am alternating Tylenol and Motrin.  Last time I checked, my temp was down to 101.9 after the meds kicked in.  This time it started Sunday night.  I didn't know why, I had a very difficult time falling sleep that night.  I had a migraine and generally was just feeling unwell.  I was in Seattle visiting my husband and daughter.  I finally fell asleep at maybe 2am.  Then, I woke up at 4am with severe abdominal pain.  I had to catch the early morning flight, so I took the Tylenol and took off to the airport. The entire airplane ride was miserable - I was extremely dizzy with vertigo spells, feel very nauseated but couldn't throw up, my abdominal pain exacerbated and the flank pain also started.  I honestly couldn't remember how I managed to get home from San Jose airport.  I just vaguely recall that I asked my son to walk to school by himself, then with the very little strength I had left I threw myself to bed...  I couldn't move, couldn't get up eat or drink anything.  My body was shivering, then hit by severe pain all over, splitting headaches and tunnel vision, then shivering again... I just laid there for most of the day, moaning and crying myself in and out oconsciousness... That was the worst part of it.  

About 2:30pm, I vomited.  Ten minutes later, vomited again... I sat on the cold floor next to the toilet until 4:30pm.  My vomit turned from clear liquids to green biles.  At the end, just dry heaves.  My stomach cramped severely with sharp stabbing pain this whole time.  Then I found that I'm bleeding vaginally.  With IUD, my bleeding has been irregular, but I just had my period less than two weeks ago!  

Anyway, after the vomiting slows down, I finally regained some strength to get up and take care of myself.  Only then I was able to get the thermometer from medicine cabinet and took my temperature - it was 103.7 under arm and 104.5 orally.  Though I believe it must have been much higher than this when I was feeling the worst earlier that day.  I took Tylenol and Motrin TOGETHER because I was in so much pain.  I couldn't walk without holding on to the wall.  I had to stop and catch my breath to allow my racing heart calm down a bit every few steps.  I had to use plastic cups because the mug is too heavy for me.  I got myself in a tepid bath and put ice pads on my forehead, wrists, ankles... When I'm out of bath, my temp was 102.4 and I was feeling a bit human again.  I fell asleep for a long time... until the fever spiked again in the middle of the night... My temp went up to 103.3 at 1am Tuesday morning.  I knew I exceeded the daily max dose for both Tylenol and Motrin over the past couple days.  

I still don't have any cold or flu symptoms.  I have stomach pain, back/flank pain, nausea, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, migraine headaches with light sensitivity and vertigo spells...... I'm feeling awful but I know the worst is over.  At least I hope it is.

I start to feel worried - high fevers that are do severe and so frequent are not typical for me at all.  Not sure what to do about it.  Super scared to talk to my doctor about this.