All Journal Entries Journals
Sort By:  

Birth story

Aug 20, 2012 - 7 comments

Everything started on Tuesday August 14, I had an OB appointment and was having some cramps and a couple of strong contractions here and there. I told the doctor and she decided to put me on the monitor for 30 minutes, during which I had contractions every 5-10 minutes. The contractions were not strong but the OB told me to go home and if I had frequent contractions or a couple of the strong contractions to go to L&D.
I went home and was not feeling well, was cramping more and having contractions more often, by the time DH came home I told him to take me to the hospital. We got there around 8:00pm,  they hooked me to the monitor and check my cervix (no very pleasant feeling), the cervix was closed but I was having contractions so they called the doctor.
They monitored me for about two hours, during which the contractions became closer together and the baby had a couple of deselerations (heart rate dropped) during the contractions, I was given oxygen to help. They decided to go ahead with the C-section.
They got me ready and took me to the OR, the anesthesia was the worst part, they had a difficult time getting it in. By the time they called my husband in, the section was half way through. I did not feel anything except at  one point like my whole body was being lifted off the table and got really sick and nauseous almost at the end, when they were getting the baby out.
Christian was perfectly healthy and taken to the nursery with daddy. I spent about two ours in recovery. Christian was born at 01:07 in the morning, weight was 5lbs 10 oz and 19 inches long, I did not get to see him until 06:30 am because he was having some labor breathing and they wanted to monitor him closely. After that he spent the whole time with us in the room.
We came home on Friday evening. I'm feeling well except for my swollen feet. I'm so happy and in love with my precious baby.

OB appointment today

Aug 14, 2012 - 4 comments

Had my last OB appointment today, everything looked good per Dr. Contreras. Amniocentesis results showed that his lungs are mature and ready to be deliver. I've cramping on and off since yesterday and have had a couple of strong, painful contractions so she decided to do a NST today, which showed that I was having contractions fairly frequent. The contractions were not strong or painful but she said that if I have any strong, painful contractions to go to L&D asap, she is on call today and tonight. If not, the C-section will be done on Thursday 8/16 at 4:30 pm.
I'm home resting and have had a couple of strong contractions, if I have any more today I will go ahead and head to the hospital.

Had Amniocentesis done this morning.

Aug 13, 2012 - 5 comments

I got to the doctor around 08:00 and around 9 the doctor came in and did an ultrasound. Christian is doing perfect, weight is about 6 lbs 12oz and heart rate was 143 bmp, he is head down and was moving a lot during the US. Then she identified the pocket of fluid to insert the needle, gave me a local anesthetic to numb the area and proceded to insert the needle and draw the fluid. The whole thing lasted less than 10 minutes and I just felt the sticks and the pressure and thank God I did not see the needles going in.
After that they took me to another room and did an NST, I was cramping a lot and had a couple of strong contractions during the whole 45 minutes I was monitored but nothing to worry about. They told me to rest for the rest of the day and call my OB if the cramping gets worse, the contractions get stronger and more regular or I have any unusual symptoms.
I'm glad it is over, they should have the results tomorrow and hopefullly his lungs will be mature enough to
go ahead with my C-section on Friday

OB called this morning

Aug 06, 2012 - 0 comments

I'm so lazy that have not written a journal in a while lol!!! This morning I was about to leave the house for my US appointment when my OB called to tell me that the hospital is giving her a hard time and won't schedule my C-section next week unless I have an amniocentesis to make sure the baby's lungs are mature, just the tough of it scares me to death.
Well, I went to my appointment and talked to the perinatologist about it and she said the best thing to do would be to schedule the amniocentesis for next Monday because they will get better results since I'm still 35 weeks and 4 days. Besides that Christian looks great, he has grown a lot, HR was on the 150's , weight around 6 pounds, he is head down. We could not get any pictures because his face is too close to the placenta and  he was moving a lot during the ultrasound.
So, seems like next week is going to be busy for me. Amniocentesis, and last OB appointment on Monday, have to go register at the hospital and get my preop testing done either Monday or Tuesday, and C-section on Friday. I get tired just thinking about it lol!!!!!