All Journal Entries Journals
Sort By:  

Follow up

Jan 13, 2010 - 1 comments

Today was my appt after the removal of the ectopic.  Everything looks good with my incisions. I still have some pain more like irritation.  My doctor said this is normal and a lot due to the gas they fill you up with as well as leftover blood.  She said I should feel back to normal in a week.  I am going back to work tomorrow and I am dreading it.  I just wish I could crawl up in a ball and stay in bed.  I just don't feel like seeing people and having to put a smiley face on and act all happy like nothing has happened.  DH and I are thinking we will probably wait until April to start again.  Not that we won't have fun in the meantime.  It would be so nice if it just happened on its own.  *Sigh*  I did get the pics from the surgery and it shows the ectopic and my fallopian tube.  I can't believe how big it got.  And to see inside my body is very strange.

Emergency Surgery to Remove Ectopic

Jan 07, 2010 - 7 comments

Last night i was admitted to the emergency room at 8:45 after having severe abdominal pain.  It was the most excrucitaing pain i have ever felt.  After having more than a few shots of morphine and another super strong drug, delodin, nothing was working.  The ER doctor was worried that it was a gall bladder problem and also, thought it had something to do with the ectopic.  Before sending me for the u/s they did a quant and my levels were 137.  Down from 820 last week.  I for sure thought that that couldn't be what it was and maybe i was having a severe kidney infection, kidney stone or as he thought something with my gall bladder.  The ultrasound was done by a tech and of course she wasn't able to tell me anything.  After the u/s the ER doc came in and told DH and I that I had severe bleeding in my abdomen which would be caused from the ectopic.  After deciding who would do the surgery -- they weren't sure if they were going to send me to my RE in Madison (an hour + away) or have the on call OB do it.  We decided it was best to stay there.  I was rushed to OR at 1:30am.  The OB told me she was unable to save my left tube.  They removed 300 ml of blood from my abdomen.  Also, I woke up barely able to breath because my lungs had fluid in them.  I had to have a few nebulizer treatments done which finally helped.  I was in the hospital until 12pm today and am at home now resting.  My mom, sister and husband got me all set up with anything i could need.  I have 3 incisions from the laproscopy that are sore and my stomach is extremly bloated.  We have decided that were are taking a long break so that i can recover and give my body a rest.    

starting BCP

Jan 04, 2010 - 0 comments

In a week my HCG has decreased from 3175 to 820 and RE said it is now a good time to start the BCP's.  I will take them for 3 weeks and if my number is 0 then I can stop them, wait for AF and start taking clomid CD3.  If they are still higher i will continue to take active pills until I reach 0.  I will keep getting my levels checked every week.  Hoping they continue to drop nicely.  


Dec 16, 2009 - 1 comments

I went in for my followup beta on yesterday and my beta was still rising!  My RE actually called me himself last night to talk about the options of what to do next.  At this point he was concerned it was ectopic.  He explained I could have surgery but since he hadn't seen anything on U/S, that could be risky because they may not even find the ectopic.  The next option was the manual vaccum aspiration, similar to a D&C but less invasive as they don't use the metal instruments to scrape you uterus.  And the third was to just get the metatextrate shot for the ectopic but there was that chance that I didn't have an ectopic.  I decided to see where my numbers went and have the mva done if that was needed.  RE called with results and they went up so they wanted me to come to there office right away.  Before the procedure they gave me some IV meds to make me comfortable.  I was awake and felt some cramping but nothing serious.  They weren't able to get much tissue as I had passed most of the lining already.  From what they did get they sent to the pathologist to check the tissue.  There was no product of conception in the tissue.  So he diagnosed me as having an ectopic.  He gave me the methatexrate.  I have to go on Sunday to check my levels and then again three days later to see if they are going down.  He wants to see them down by 15% or more.  He said there is a small 5% that it doesn't work and I hope I don't fall in to that category.  It just ***** because now there is a 10% chance of having another ectopic.  I am going to try and not think about that though.  Even though it is much easier to be negative I just have to stay positive in knowing that I CAN get pregnant.  We now just need one that is going to stick!  I am looking forward to the new year and hoping there is a BFP for me and all my MH friends!!!