Sep 09, 2009
Well its the age old question is it not?
There certainly is no experience like Withdrawal's is there? anyone whom has been on a serious opiate or opioid addiction can relate. but for those of you whom have not had the pleasure of going cold turkey, you may be wondering......Is there anything I can do to ease the pain? the answer is yes to some degree. certainly the easy route is a replacement opioid like suboxone or methadone. but only a really ,really bad addict should ever use such programs. the reason why is, your brain will still be relying on an opioid, so the brains receptors will not be allowed to returb\n to normal. but there are certainly many cases where it is a good idea to go that route(ie. heroin users,major 20 -30 pill users,IV users...) the problem with replacement opioids is over long term use, they will BE WORSE to get off of. the goal here is to make it through the worst part of wd's,without relying on narcotics to do it.
few facts to start with........
1) no you wont die,even though you feel like it !!
2) the longer and harder you used.....means the longer its going to take to knock that 800 pound gorilla off your azz !!
3) people have done it before.........so yes,you too can do it.
4) other than taking another narcotic(replacement opioids like sub and 'done) there is no way of TOTALLY getting rid of WD'S. time is the answer. it took me about two weeks of hell and another 6-8 weeks of minor wd's to shake my methadone and norco habit. you know your messed up if it takes two months to just have a normal bowel movement !!!ARRRRRGH!!!! IT will be worth it!!
5) check out my other journal about the ten things one goes through durring wd's.
6) you cant expect to get any decent sleep for atleast 3-6 days or longer, just part of the price we pay, below is a few things that help.
7)If your not %100 committed and sure you need to quit, then your going to spin out and be back on the pills,thats all there is to it. total focus and understanding of what you have done is in order.
So if you have never been through WD's, try and keep positive and know you can win this !!
Now what can I do to ease the Pain of WD's???
first we break it down into day and night.
try cold medicines, some say nasal sprays help with migranes.Ibuprophin.imonium for diarrhea. energy drinks helped me. other say L-tyrosine works. certain herbs like rhodiola rosea,ginseng,guarana and other body building stuff is worth looking into.power building protein mixes will solve all your vitamin needs and give a nice big dose of protein.
night time cold meds,allergy pills, valarian root helped me. melatonin some say. milk and bananas are known to help ease the pain.
I will try and update this and certainly would like any suggestions to help others through this very tough time.
good luck and fight on to victory !! kick that 800 pound gorilla's azz :]