All Journal Entries Journals

Missed miscarriage journal #1

Nov 12, 2009 - 5 comments

missed miscarriage


vaginal ultrasound


9 weeks


No Heartbeat


hcg level

Tuesday I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.They could not find a heartbeat on a transvaginal ultrasound. They decided to take hcg levels 2 days apart to see if they are rising or falling. I took my 2nd test today. If they are falling then this will confirm that a miscarriage has occurred.If they find that the levels are still rising then I have to get another ultrasound, but this time at the hospital where they have better equipment.
   I am going to try to post as much as I can while going through this. I hope that it might help someone else out there who is going through the same thing.

Post a Comment
924332 tn?1284577518
by Princessa745, Nov 12, 2009
Hi Debbie, just wanted you to know that im here for you!!! I pray for you and think of you often!! ((HUGS))

611149 tn?1342711527
by Preciouspg, Nov 12, 2009

Avatar universal
by ladyashia, Nov 13, 2009
Thinking of you :)

548642 tn?1266183252
by thickm, Nov 19, 2009
when was your last u/s when you heard hb and how was the rate

Avatar universal
by Yummy_mummy_86, May 05, 2010
hi i just read your story and i am going through the same thing, i had a ultrasound when i was meant to be 7 weeks and they couldnt find a heart beat and so they started me getting bloods every 2-3 days to see what my hcg levels were doing, day1 they were around 25,000 day 4 they were 27,000 and day 7 the doctor called me because they had dropped down to around 25,000
he referred me onto the hospital because his thoughts are that i have had a missed miscarriage as i have had no bleeding or cramping.
i already have 2 healthy boys and never had any trouble with them so this is all a shock to me
anyway when at the hospital they just wanted to do a d&c and i said no until i had a second opinion, so i pushed for another blood test to be done to see if the levels where still falling and he came back to me a hour later with the results and my levels had gone up to 29,000 within 24hrs after him telling me that there is no chance in any difference in levels within 24hrs, well there was to my shock
this all happened tuesday, so with the levels going up his has refered me to see a early pregnancy specialist on friday and do more testing and go from there
so the 3 days i have to wait to find out whats going on is killing me, im so confused and dont no what to think or what to do, the last thing i want to do is loose this baby.
any help would be great
what was your outcome?

Post a Comment