Jan 07, 2010
Last night i was admitted to the emergency room at 8:45 after having severe abdominal pain. It was the most excrucitaing pain i have ever felt. After having more than a few shots of morphine and another super strong drug, delodin, nothing was working. The ER doctor was worried that it was a gall bladder problem and also, thought it had something to do with the ectopic. Before sending me for the u/s they did a quant and my levels were 137. Down from 820 last week. I for sure thought that that couldn't be what it was and maybe i was having a severe kidney infection, kidney stone or as he thought something with my gall bladder. The ultrasound was done by a tech and of course she wasn't able to tell me anything. After the u/s the ER doc came in and told DH and I that I had severe bleeding in my abdomen which would be caused from the ectopic. After deciding who would do the surgery -- they weren't sure if they were going to send me to my RE in Madison (an hour + away) or have the on call OB do it. We decided it was best to stay there. I was rushed to OR at 1:30am. The OB told me she was unable to save my left tube. They removed 300 ml of blood from my abdomen. Also, I woke up barely able to breath because my lungs had fluid in them. I had to have a few nebulizer treatments done which finally helped. I was in the hospital until 12pm today and am at home now resting. My mom, sister and husband got me all set up with anything i could need. I have 3 incisions from the laproscopy that are sore and my stomach is extremly bloated. We have decided that were are taking a long break so that i can recover and give my body a rest.