Jan 10, 2010
update: experiment continues, in an attempt to get off all the Rx's I was placed on during chemo my stagegy was 6 pronged.
Goal: to lower liver enzmes which shot up to 250 during relaspe.
1. wean slowly since some drugs were as addictive as heroin (ativan/oxy)
2. detox the liver
3. replace the drugs with natural non-toxic alternatives
4. increase cholesterol to protect the brain.
5. monitor sugars for Insulin resistance and remove Byetta if possible
6. Monitor HGH closely so as not to aggravate IR.
Method for each item.
1. slow withdrawal 1/4 reductions at a time each month (half dose landed me inER so go skow here. added physical therapy to mitigate pain.
2. added silymarin (milk thistle) to scrub liver and blood of these drug toxins and otheres
3. added melatonin to replace the Ambien, stepped up that dosage as I lowered the mabien dosage
4. raised my HDL considerably, to head off issues with remeron withdrawal which also was lowered in 1.4 dose increments. Overall cholesterol now 150, not 110 s before.
This increase has resulted in good cholesterol has mitigated the usual rebound depression seen in most patients coming off antidepressants.
5. Absent Interferon my IR has recended and BS is again controlled by diet alone making Byetta unnessary for the time being.
6. By settling for the lower end of normal (a 1/8 reduction in dose) has also helped return my BSugars to normal
Summary: Now on $2000.00 less drugs each month
Alt ast have gone from 250's to doube digit (90).... not a bad reduction.
must be doing something right.
The only draw back has been something neurological going on, not sure of the source yet, have 4 working theories and will run them by neurologist this week.