All Journal Entries Journals
Previous | Next

Sarinitee's Arrival!!!

Jul 31, 2010 - 13 comments

Wednesday 7/28 I started having contractions around noon. I would have a big one and then a few small ones every two hours or so and so I thought nothing about it, but I was uncomfortable. My mom and I got to leave the hospital for a little while to take a break (Destinee is still in the hospital from her chemo treatment...we had a friend come sit with her while we left). My mom was begging me to go to the doctor because she knew something was happening. I refused...I wasn't ready...everything was planned, I was having the baby Friday and I just refused to believe otherwise. We got back to the hospital and I was having more frequent short contractions but very inconsistent. I took a shower to relieve some of the pain and it helped for a minute but the relief didn't last long. My mom got into my cellphone and called my doctor while I was in the shower and the doc told her that I should come in if it didn't stop or came more consistent. I still didn't want to go but my mom had already called my aunt to come pick me up from Destinee's hospital to take me to my delivering hospital.

10:00pm we arrived at L&D. They put me on the monitors and I was contracting every 3 minutes and I was 5 cm dialated almost completely effaced. They said well you will be having the first baby of July 29th. I was shocked and completely didn't expect it. They admitted me and got me in a room. They checked me when I got settled and I was 7 cm. They called my doc to update her. She was in another town 20-30 miles away so they told her to be on her way. About an hour later the baby's heart rate kept dropping, they said something was happening, they checked me and I was 10 cm the baby was right there. They called the doc and she was still not there yet. They had me roll from side to side to keep the heart rate up until the doc got there. Well I rolled to one side then rolled to the next....we heard what sounded like a cats meow...we all looked at each other like where did that come from then realized....the baby had came out on her own and was laying between my legs under the cover. We lifted the cover and there was my princess sucking on her hands. Not even crying until they picked her up. We were shocked, amazed, beside ourselves, we could nnot believe what had just happened....And I didn't feel it at all.

Nonetheless my little girl is here...on her own time...she was 5lbs 15oz 19.25 in long. Beautiful and perfect in everyway.

We came home yesterday morning but I had to go see Destinee first because I knew how much she was wanting to see her sissy. She was so in love and I was so overjoyed to see them together. Its killing me to have to stay home and away from my Destinee but I know I have to heal. I want us all together. I will be going back to the hospital on Monday with the baby to stay with Destinee for the remainder of her stay there, hopefully only until next weekend.

Im off to post pics...check them out!

Post a Comment
334926 tn?1436811523
by butterflybabies, Jul 31, 2010
OMG so happy for you! I cant believe she just came out on her own..amazing! Lucky you! She is beautiful!! How is Destinee doing? I hope she is doing well to..

1173196 tn?1292916490
by KarenDiane, Jul 31, 2010
Congratulations!!!! That is such a nice birth story. Sounds like you are made for this stuff :) Sarinitee is beautiful!

294043 tn?1354207946
by Helen72, Jul 31, 2010
Congratulations!  Absolutely overjoyed for you!

233562 tn?1282768382
by ashleighnb, Jul 31, 2010
Thanks ladies.

Destinee is doing ok. She wasn't eating for a few days so they were wanting to give her a NG tube but I really didn't want that and especially with me not being there with her I didn't want her to have to go through that without me. But the docs agreed that if we could get her to start eating more then they won't do it. We talked to Destinee about what they wanted to do and encouraged her to eat more and luckily she has been eating more and they are seeing her calorie count come up so they are backing off on the NG tube for now. Her counts have bottomed out as of today so now there is nowhere to go but up. So hopefully her counts will come back quickly and we can have a week or two at home to bond with our new edition until we go back to the hospital for Destinee's second round.

1150389 tn?1295559187
by TRENIECE, Jul 31, 2010
Omg!! Wow!! Ammazzinngg birth story!! I'm glad destinee is doing okay and she's going to make an awesome big sister! Also your daughter is gorgeous!! :)

796506 tn?1370188305
by nickieb85, Aug 01, 2010
Congrats! How amazing!!!!!

964234 tn?1331949207
by HeatherLF16, Aug 01, 2010
What a cutie she is just like her big sister.  Congrats to you and your family I am glad both of your girls are doing well =)

296076 tn?1371334474
by melimeli, Aug 01, 2010
Congrats and amazing!!!

1035252 tn?1427227833
by Ashelen, Aug 01, 2010
congrats hon!! what a wonderful story...So happy you're all doing so well!

1012334 tn?1283702979
by rebekah385, Aug 01, 2010
Congratulations! your little girls are beautiful and I'm glad she made it out on her own and everything was ok! I hope Destinee keeps eatting good and gets enough calories! I will keep praying for you and your girls as you need strength for both now! Good luck and hope everything keeps going good! no pushing lucky you!!!

1194973 tn?1385503904
by Clysta, Aug 01, 2010
Congrats on the birth!! :)

233562 tn?1282768382
by ashleighnb, Aug 01, 2010
Thanks ladies! I am so happy. Destinee's doctor said that at the rate she is going she could get to come home in about five days. I am praying that is true, so that we can have some family bonding time for a week or two before the next chemo treatment. I thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

334926 tn?1436811523
by butterflybabies, Aug 01, 2010
So glad to hear Destinee will be coming home soon and that her treatments seem to be going well..I will keep you all in my prayers!

Post a Comment