Dec 07, 2010
I don't know what to do here.
Here is the story...I have a condition called VIN 3. Basically it is dysplasia on the vulva area (some of you may remember I had this biopsied a while back). It is most definately not cancer. It is uncomfortable, and a fairly large area.
I have to have it removed. This is done through laser, but is a bit more complicated then I had orginally been led to believe. It means an overnight stay in the hospital, I will be put out, and my Dr. tells me a fair bit of pain afterward. I am scheduled to have this done Jan. 13th. Now, they wouldn't have done it if my pregnancy had continued, but due to the outcome, my OB/GYN thinks I should proceed and get it over with.
I am not worried about the anesthetic (I have never had any kind of negative reaction) or the overnight stay. I am not even worried about the pain afterward. My mom is going to come for 2 weeks to help me out, help with Ryder, etc., and of course Warren is home after work and weekends. What is bothering me is that my OB/GYN told me intercourse will likely be too painful for at least 3 MONTHS! Warren and I are big kids, and again not a big deal except it means putting off ttc. I don't want to do that. They told me that the aftermath will feel much like a very bad burn, and I will require pain killers. So it does sound like even attempting is going to be out of the question.
Now, I am not irresponsible with my health. This is not currently a dangerous condition. It's one of those things that IF left for 5 or 10 years might POSSIBLY turn cancerous. I wouldn't leave it that long. It does however become more bothersome with pregnancy and while not unbearable is quite uncomfortable at times.
So the question is, do I put it off one more year, or do I just get it done and over. Honestly, if I decide to get it done now I might look into home insemination...another women on here did it and maybe that is the answer? I know, I sound desperate, but I just don't feel like I can afford to put off ttc another 3 or 4 months. I am going to be 42 in Jan. and have no idea how long that door is going to still be open. Right now I clearly can still get pregnant and I want to take advantage of that.
I don't know what to do. Warren said he is open to whatever I decide as long as it's not risking my health. I would never do that. I have a little boy and a husband to think of besides the fact that I do not want to battle cancer if I can avoid it. So if there was any question as to how this impacts my long term health, it would be a very easy decision to make. That is not the case though, and although my OB/GYN wants me to get it done, she is not overly concerned about waiting another year.