All Journal Entries Journals


Feb 03, 2011 - 1 comments

so monday i had to goto the dentist...lost half a molar anyhow appointment was 11.50am and i was feeling bit crampy and wierd and put it down to nerves. so he patched up my tooth and i made a provisional appointment to have it properly sorted once baby arrives. so on way home i called into sainsburys and then thought i'll pop across road for a big tasty and fries...ate fries on way home (as you do) and the big tasty (as its a messy burger) at home.
i still felt a bit funny but thought pull youself together girl. By 1.30pm i realised actually this was i called hubby who collected our youngest at school on route home, i rushed around finishing packing my labour bag with toiletries i need you know toothbrush etc. then dave came home and we set off. id arranged for a friend to keep hold of the older 2 problems there. we were stuck in a line of slowish traffic we couldn't overtake and the contractions were pretty strong...
as we had to travel the 30-40mins into Bath as the midwife unit won't have me until 37 weeks itwas a long journey. almost there and dave was getting narked with the traffic and a set of traffic lights which were at a 3 lane junction which were out of action. a bit further on and he pulled his new car over, i couldnt get out and started screaming about the seatbelt when he released it and i got out to be very sick...the bloody burger!
anyhow 5 mins later he put his foot down and we rushed in to the hospital...
a few hours of monitoring and some rubbish paracetamol did nothing for the pain and i couldnt understand why i couldnt deal with the pain..birth for me has always been sooo easy, my youngest was constantly asking questions and i got snappy and told dave at 7pm to **** off with her! he did no questions so i know i wasn't right!
anyhow they eventually gave me pethadine and 10mins later the rest of the `meal` came up frightening the poor midwife! they started acting fast then...i was scanned to reveal baby was no longer breech and was right down...they thought yep labour...but then it eased off (the contractions) leaving me with the most horrendous pain in my right cyst!!!!!
so they can't operate without removing baby first so i got pumped full of drugs and shoved into a side ward and told to sleep!
the midwife returned 3 hours later to find me where they had left me, wiggling my backside leaning over the table! daft anyhow they then gave me something else to ease the pain.and i remained here for the morning... later that day i was put upstairs on the ward, told to eat and drink beacuse of keytones in my was monitored as was i every 4 hours until it all started up again, they sent me for a scan which showed my cyst had grown and was now being squashed by baby and as baby had turned and was head down her feet and arms were facing my right and knocking the cyst...hence the pain which triggers the contractions...more pain relief and no sleep tuesday night thru wed morning. So i eventually get a jab for the sickness at 11.30am but i fall asleep and miss lunch! so they say ihave to eat toast...which after monitoring i eat around 3pm then hubby comes in cuz they say i can go only to find the doctor wont release me until no i get some supper, ram it down, drink tons of water...finally 7pm they let me go kids are exhausted and hubby so relieved!
its been a long night but im up, i helped get kids off to school tho i have to pick up, but im resting im still wearing lovely stockings they got me to wear but im going to take em off when i have a moving nicely, and im still full of pressure down there so hopefully it won't be long before she does arrive and hopefully my next hospital stay will be because she's arriving xx

baby j
Post a Comment
Avatar universal
by angelsrejoice, Feb 06, 2011
Hello! Havn't posted in a while. So sorry to hear what a hard time you are having...probably seems a lot longer than 36 weeks but you are almost there! Hang in there. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Post a Comment